Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
My mom isn't able to push t he Buttons for her hospital bed remote control. She can't sit up or lay her bed down. We help her during the day and have looked at some alarm systems, so that we can help her during the night. But she says she is afraid her saliva will get pooled in her throat and won't be able to sit up in time and will choke. It's happened a couple of times and bed time is a difficult time for her.
Anyone going through this or have suggestions as to what we might be able to do? She's even asked me to go buy/rent another bed since hospice only has these. But most beds I've seen are either super expensive or don't have a remote sensitive enough for her to press.
It's the last thing she had left; her two fingers to text and make her self comfortable. So it's a hard loss to have to accept and for her get used to. Any ideas that can help us help her would be greatly appreciated.

if she can speak maybe have a look at voice controlled remotes or infra red that detect very slight movements may be. I hope you can find a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back