Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
I'm a 29 year old male whose been experiencing atrophy in his right calf for years. I've gotten an MRI a couple years ago (came back fine), and the doctor didn't want to pursue a painful EMG (regretting that atm). I recently dealth with another doctor who did not seem concerned and scared me off from the EMG, as well. Finally, a doctor today noted the atrophy.

The weakness in my limbs is evident when I exercise. I've taken physical therapy to try and aid this, and while it reduces pain, it does not seem to make it go away.

I've also struggled with alcohol and questioned if it were related to that. My symptoms first appear after a night of drinking liquor, and alcohol definitely makes it worse. My old neurologist, though, said that chronic myopathy is typically evident on both sides, and that acute myopathy should ahve been serious.

I live a sedintary lifestyle, and I've noticed that I lean heavier to the right side.

I'm trying to get an EMG ASAP, but in the interim, is there anything I should be looking out for? I'm just really scared, so sorry if this isn't helpful.

Thanks.

And this has something to do with ALS, how?

You're on the wrong website.

I guess that's good news.

Follow your doctor's advice, walk briskly for 20 minutes every day, and cut back on the crap you eat and drink.

Good luck. Hope you get better soon.

And this has something to do with ALS, how?

You're on the wrong website.

I guess that's good news.

Follow your doctor's advice, walk briskly for 20 minutes every day, and cut back on the crap you eat and drink.

Good luck. Hope you get better soon.

You're probably right. Went to a neuro the other day who also doesn't seem concerned with ALS. I have severe hypochondria and very scary symptoms.

I've seen the work you do on this site, and I appreciate it. It's important to people like me that suffer from severe anxiety. Thank you.

Please encourage your hypochondriac friends to NOT come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back