Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Wilkes barre
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. I am 19 years old and about 1 month ago I began having a pulled muscle pain in my left arm. I ceased exercise in that area and over the span of a week or 2 my arm fell into severe weakness with a weird sensation around the deltoid area. I can barely lift anything overhead and my wrist has also become quite week. I have slight aching pain in my shoulder. The muscles has clearly atrophied by definition between my right and left deltoids and can be simply noticed by touching both. I am quite concerned over als I have seen a nuero who gave me an EMG and found mild denervation in the deltoid region and some ulnar radiculopathy. He sent me for a neck MRI which came back normal. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated as my anxiety over this weakness is growing. Thankyou for your time and God bless.

I think you said it Tom. Pulled muscle.

I see no need to be concerned at your age and with the issues you are noticing.

Based on the results of the EMG, did your doctor offer any suggestions as to what is going on? That would be the next step, to understand what a medical professional thinks based on their observation.

My guess is it's overuse of a muscle combined with anxiety which we can't help with. Best of luck.

I thought the same thing but the orthopedic I saw see's no sign of muscle trouble. My nuerologist has been slow to get in touch with and all my weaknesses have been clinically proven. My anxiety is quite high due to the nature of my injury and the fact the my orthopedic believes it is something nueromuscular. I believe blood test is the next step. Thank you for your encouraging words and God bless you. With this type of injury I really pray for the people that have it worse

Not ALS, Tom. Put it out of your mind.

Don't know what it is, but it isn't ALS. Sounds like a localized injury of some type. By contrast, ALS is a disease in the brain. Plus, your problem involves a lot of pain. Since ALS is in the brain, there isn't pain like that (there are no pain receptors in the brain).

hon you have an injury - ALS is not an injury.

No one you are seeing believes it is ALS either, but for some reason you are focusing on that even though it makes absolutely no sense to do so.

Calm down, get a grip, and work with your doctors. You do not have ALS I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back