23 yo a bit concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
honey our advice is go and start living NOW

No one knows how long they have on this earth.
You have no symptoms of ALS, so start living. There is not treatment for this disease, so it doesn't even matter if they missed it (which they didn't).

This should be auto - applied to far to many of the posts seen in the DIHALS section. What a waste of your life! Please stop this madness now. Having dealt with some health anxiety myself, I know how real the fear is now but please don't do this to yourself. Get out there and live! Life is a terminal condition, and no one has time for needless worry.

I fear for my life and cannot enjoy things because of that. I am going to psychiatrist tomorrow.
cramps in my hand and footdon't go away (seems to get worse and getting to the entire arm and leg). These muscles are twitching.
I wish I can believe that I waste my time but however you're right I shoulh enjoy life anyway !

Thank you again for all your answers. And I am again sorry if I waste someone's time.

Print out this whole thread and take it to the psychiatrist.

Note from Tillie to psychiatrist - this person does not have a single symptoms of ALS.

Please stop posting, I know you are in fear, but this is not a health anxiety forum.

I went to the psychatrist, he didn't care for my symptoms. I started taking AD and relaxant.
In the inner side of my right foot and in the palm of my hand, I have a bump of muscle since 15 days. My GP said that it is hypertonia and it can be related to anxiety (he seemed puzzled and ask for an emg "to ease me") however I went to anxietyzone.com and ask for people with health anxiety I didnt find any case of high muscle tone/hypertonia caused by anxiety. I did found als posts and MND articles talking about spasticity and muscle tone...

When I walk a bit and all my right leg get stiff. I still can't get my big toe up as much as my left side. And as soon as I rest I have twitches in the entire right leg.

I know I shouldn't be here according to you, feel free to lock or delete my thread if it is needed. (English is not my primary language, I don't want to sound rude with this post and I just want to describe what is happening)

Have a nice day.

You are grasping at straws still trying to convince yourself, doctors and us.

Hypertonia is not spasticity.

When I read your latest post there is not a single thing STILL that even remotely points to ALS.

Antidepressants take several weeks to start working.

Thank you for your answer Tillie.

I read that hypertonia can be caused by a a weak muscle when the muscle get contracted to compensate. I also saw that motorneurons control muscle.
But I'm not an MD so I must be wrong. Again, I don't want to be rude and argue with you and I know that you probably know more about these things than me.
But at 23, when your leg become stiff when you walk, that you can't move your toes as much as before, the twitches in the foot, in the leg and the hypertonia of the same foot, the hyperreflexia...etc. I can't believe it is anxiety.

I have an appt. for an EMG in 3 weeks, I hope I will find what is causing me all these things.

Second week taking AD I can feel it already.

Have a nice day.

It may not be anxiety causing it mate, but it sure ain't ALS. There is definitely a lot of anxiety happening however, and it is definitely going to make every worse, or seem worse as you focus on it all.

3 weeks isn't really long to wait. Try to stop researching now, as you don't understand what you read as you know. Live every day you have, you will never get this next 3 weeks back regardless of any results you get.

Maybe do some volunteering at a centre for people with high disabilities so you can give something while you wait. I've always found giving to others a great way to relieve my own problems.

You probably wouldn't believe the kinds of strange things I've had happen to my body even at the young age you are. I'm still around, and still have many of those strange things! I could have lived a lot of my time highly anxious some of those things were going to kill me. Instead I got on with my life, and believed doctors when nothing serious was found. Really life is about how you respond, and only you can choose how that will be.

Come back after the EMG and let us know the results, but until then we can't offer anything more.

Yes, i'm glad I have been able to have an appt sooner.

I see what you are saying about strange things that happen to the body. It happen to me aswell. But i feel this time it is different and focused on one part of my body.
My gait is strange and seems off. There is always something that fire my anxiety...

Yes that's a very good idea. After my internship I can do that. There is a center for children with disabilities near my home.

Yes, I have to wait now and cross my fingers that nothing is getting worse. I know odds are with me at this age..

Thank you a lot for answering me again and the insights.

Banned. Non-ALS person rudely taking up our time after multiple requests for him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back