23 yo a bit concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS atrophy is not holes or dents in muscles.

All your 'symptoms' are still subjective - there is nothing clinically noted that even begins to suggest ALS.

Keep working with your doctors as something is going on, just not ALS. All the best.

Thank you for your answers.
I just wanted to add that It is not a "hole" per say, It is more like a flat surface where there is nothing unlike the other side of my body.
I will update the thread tonight then.

Hope you get treated for anxiety and can stop worrying. The first step will be to stop looking for "things". You don't have have ALS which is great news!

I went to my GP because of weird feeling in my right foot.
He said I have hypertonia with my big toe. Since my symtoms are 1 and half mont old I have to get to a neuro to do an EMG.

I am scared.

Last edited:
I hope your EMG comes back negative. In the mean time, try to relax and enjoy life. Let us know the findings once you get them. Best wishes.

Thank you.
I will have to wait a long time to have the result.
I don't know how I can relax but I will try to do my best.

I have an appt. for the EMG in 2.5 months. I guess if I have really something it will be noticed during the waiting time.
I just want to recap my symptoms (beside anxiety symptoms). I don't know if all of this list is related to one problem but I write it anyway.

-I have hyperreflexia in both arms and legs
-Twitching sometimes in my legs, more in my right leg.
-Feeling of weakness in my right leg, it get worse after walking for a while I feel that some parts of my leg are tense.
-Small hypertonia of my right big toe. I can easily get it down but I struggle a bit to get it up. If that makes sense.
- I have been treated during this month with small dose of antidepressant because of pain in all my body.
- No motor problems tested by a neuro early and my GP.
- No babinsky sign
- stiffness, pain in my back and cervicals. Sometimes my arms are shaking and feeling weak. GP said that it is because I'm so tensed that it mess with my nerves in my arms.

Last edited:
Hi flippy,

I read all your posts and thought very hard about it. I must agree with your doctors and the other experienced people here, you are NOT showing early signs of new ALS.

I don't know why you feel weak, but that is not an ALS problem.

My wife had ALS. She lived 9 months. On the first day, she was very healthy and athletic. It was November and she planned to do cartwheels and hand stands before Christmas.

Then one day, she was at the bookstore and she wanted to squat down to see a book on the bottom shelf. But she fell over! There was no warning, no weak feeling. The muscle that should help her balance while squatting down just did not work.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer. I am so sorry for your loss... I don't know what to say really.

I posted again because my leg is not healing and I read that the foot problem can be a sign of the pyramidal syndrom which is a symptom of motoneuron diseases.
2 members of my family died recently and I see death everywhere. I am nervous yes, but I am scared that doctors focus on my anxiety too early and miss something.
I just wanted to update this thread, to have some advice of people more experienced than me.
I will try to forget this, get your post (and the others) into my head.

If something happen during the waiting time, I will just post the new symptom. I think it can help others.
I hope I will come back with a clean EMG in September.

Thank you again Mike.

honey our advice is go and start living NOW

No one knows how long they have on this earth.

You have no symptoms of ALS, so start living. There is not treatment for this disease, so it doesn't even matter if they missed it (which they didn't).

Make yourself stay off here until you have EMG results, that is the best thing you can do for yourself now. All the best.

And now my pinky toe struggles too..

Thank you for the kind words Tillie. I will do my best. And I will update the thread with the EMG results.

New symptom :
In the palm of my left hand. I have since yesterday a muscle that is constantly tense. Like a cramp but it stays. It's like a line of muscle that is very hard but for no reason.
I can see the difference between my right hand and my left hand.
It is between the index finger and the thumb.

Flippy,
Time for you to stop. Updating this post with every new symptom is not helpful to you or others. You need to deal with your health anxiety, perhaps an anxiety forum would be a better place. You have been told repeatedly by your docs and knowledgeable members on this forum that you do not present with ALS symptoms, yet you keep trying to convince us and yourself that you do. You need to wait for the EMG, work with your docs on your anxiety and what else might be causing your symptoms and you absolutely need to stay off this forum. Posts about your pinky toe can be very upsetting to folks who are dealing with a terminal illness. Please be respectful and go and enjoy your life.

Tracy

Flippy hon, respect for the terminally ill here. You must stop now, we will not play any further.

I read that cramps were symptoms thats why I posted.
I am sorry and won't post anymore. I am sorry if I have been disrespectful.
Thank you all for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back