Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
With the Permobile down for the count, Matt took off on the Frontier to walk Heidi. Somewhere along that trip he decided to go to the pharmacy, a little over a mile away, to check on a perscription. Of course it started to rain just as he got there! I considered going after him, but remembered he had his phone and that he keeps telling me he'll call if he needs something. Grrr. He tried, but couldn't get through on the phone, so he started home with his meds and the dog, in the rain. Much to his surprise, a lady in a wheelchair van pulled up and offered them a ride! It turns out that her husband, also a vet, has ALS and has just started being seen at the Duke Clinic, and they live not far from us (probably just a few miles).

Hubby was too tickled by the whole experience to think to get her name and contact information. Sigh. That's ok though, this is a small community and between the pharmacy, Duke Clinic, and VA cargivers support service I'm sure I can get my info to her. If she happens to be reading this forum, I hope she'll speak up!

now that is an amazing story!

wow, the adventures just never end eh.

I hope you get in contact with this CALS, how lovely to have some support so close by :)

That is actually quite exciting, and cool at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back