Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Which is the most common cause of FALS, also found in a percentage of SALS and in isolated FTD as well as ALS/FTD

They have finally developed a c9 mouse which is huge both for research and at least in the past the FDA was reluctant to accept therapies that were only tested in IPS derived cells. They wanted an animal model
Mayo Clinic: New Mouse Model for ALS and Frontotemporal Dementia Gene Offers Hope for Potential Therapies

They think they have found a protein biomarker specific to c9. It is important as a biomarker and may also help in understanding the disease
Result Content View

Nikki, those 2 links were about the most exciting developments I've read of in some time! Thanks for sharing them, I sometimes forget to hope much about when a future cure may be worked out. This reminded me that every single day amazing researchers all over the world are taking careful baby steps, building a little block at a time towards working this incredibly complex and hideous monster out. Sure there may be an awful lot of those steps needed still, but they are moving forward relentlessly nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back