Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Surrey
I have been on Rilutek for 6 weeks. I am becoming increasingly nauseous, weak and tired, particularly as the day wears on. Could it be that the disease itself is causing this? My GP suggests going off the Rilutek, or talking to my neurologist about going off it. I'm reluctant because I think Rilutek is helping slow down the progression. Any suggestions?
- Charlene

might try cutting it in 1/2 and see if that helps ...

Have you had your liver function tests since the symptoms started? If those are ok, then half dose sounds reasonable. Have you been taking it on an empty stomach as directed? I was told it was ok to take it with something as long as it was completely fat free. The reason is that fat interferes with it working. It is not all types of food
Hope you can work it out but make sure your liver is ok. Unfortunately not everyone tolerates riluzole

I was on it for three weeks the first time I tried it. I became very nauseous, tired with no appetite. I thought I may have had stomach bug. I stopped taking the Rilutek for a week and felt better. I started taking it again and the same side effects started at three weeks again. I stopped, felt better after a few days and decided not to take it anymore. No more monthly blood test either.
Many people have no problems with Rilutek. I just couldn't tolerate it.
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back