Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
The results of the phase 2 trials were supposed to be done in January and yet I can find no data on them. Are they being kept hush hush for some reason?
The company will not release any statements even ti its investors.

I think they are just not ready yet? On Monday there was a NEALS webinar current clinical trials. I know he talked about both stem cell trials. Don't remember what he said about phase 2 results for neuralstem. The webinar is available on their website if you want to check

Well apparently something big is happening at neuralstem. My brother knows their biggest investor, and he has not been able to get in touch with anyone at the company for over a week.

I hope it will be good news then but I have not heard any whispers of remarkable phase 2 results. The couple of people I knew of in internet groups were not terribly optimistic about any effect after and seem to have dropped off the radar. I hope they were the exception. Has anyone heard anything at clinic?

In January 2014, as part of the neuralstem trial, I received 6,000,000 stem cells injected into the cervical region of my spinal cord.

At the time I was walking with a cane with my right leg failing (drop foot and inability to lift my leg). Everything else was OK

Now I no longer walk, My right arm is showing failure, my breathing is at about 70 my swallowing is difficult and my tongue is weak

A year and 2 months after receiving the stem cells I feel that I have received absolutely no benefits. In fact since about October of last year (2014) the rate of progression seems to have accelerated.

So I would not hold out for hope that stem cells are the answer.

-Brien

In Israel they work on it too and how is it going on anybody know?

Brien
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry that you went through all that for no apparent benefit. Thank you for participating in the trial

Last edited:
>Thank you for sharimg. I am sorry that you went through all that for no apparent benefit. Thank you for participating in the trial

Ditto that!

Sorry Brien, thanks for trying for all of us. Another hope gone.Well Im beginning to think there is more hope in reincarnation than beating this monster. Wouldnt that be a hoot.

>more hope in reincarnation than beating this monster. Wouldnt that be a hoot.

as what? a dolphin perhaps?

Was hoping as another human. Maybe I could do better

It could be very possible that the stem cells were apparently ineffective as I have FALS caused by the C9orf72 gene.

In my initial trip to UofM to be considered for this trial I was told they were not accepting FALS patients.

A month later they reconsidered and I was subsequently accepted into the stem cell trial.

-Brien

Thank for the link Nikki. It sounds like they work for some and completely miss for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back