11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
Happy New Year to All,

Yesterday, I noticed my left toes dragging across the carpet several times. I didn't dawn on me right away that this is probably the start of a new symptom.

Naturally, I researched (a little) and found that I can go up on my heels with both feet. But when I stand on one leg, I can only go up on my heel only with my right foot. Not the left.

I've always had terrible cramps in both legs and feet. But the left seems to have had worse cramps lately.

So far, it's been my right arm and hand, and legs weak but okay. I thought it was balance issues at first and lots of fasciculations.

I see my Neurologist in a couple of weeks. But, I couldn't wait to ask or tell someone.
Thanks,
Marty

Can you walk on your tip-toes?

The "walk on your toes/heels" thingie is the main test.

Yes. I can walk on my tip-toes. The heel thing is what fails.

Sorry. I just lost heel walk on the left as well. Though toe walk was gone before. I am going to ask for an afo as my current ankle brace is not going to do it anymore. Be careful. It is all too easy to end up flat on your face!

Hey Marty......have you ever watched The Walking Dead on AMC? Most of the Zombies have at least one foot that drops, some have both.
Make sure you check em out, they are classic example of foot drop.:)

Ya, just don't confuse "foot drop" with "foot dropped off"!

Hey Marty......have you ever watched The Walking Dead on AMC? Most of the Zombies have at least one foot that drops, some have both.
Make sure you check em out, they are classic example of foot drop.:)

Ha. Yea, that's it! I'm a zombie..I feel like one too!

Ha. Yea, that's it! I'm a zombie..I feel like one too!

Marty...I did not mean to imply that you are a zombie. The reference was purely to demonstrate a clinical comparison as would be implied in foot drop.:)

Marty...I did not mean to imply that you are a zombie. The reference was purely to demonstrate a clinical comparison as would be implied in foot drop.:)

Mark, I knew what ya meant.:) LOL..

Geez BigMark, harsh any? ;)

for my wife foot drop was what lead us to the correct diagnosis. for a while doc's thought pinched nerves etc but emory pointed us in the right direction. The left foot even still is the worse affected by it. left arm after that.

jfirman - did you see dr. glass at emory? I have an appointment with one of their neuro's in a few weeks and was curious who you would advise. Thanks.

jfirman - did you see dr. glass at emory? I have an appointment with one of their neuro's in a few weeks and was curious who you would advise. Thanks.

Yes, our last visit was with Dr Glass and we liked him!

I have foot drop. I first noticed I was tripping over my own foot. At first I could go on my toes still, but not balance well. The best test is to sit hanging legs knees down and try to flex your foot up. Be careful of rugs, tile and uneven ground! Get rid of all shoes that you slide on! They were my worst enemy! I now wear high top shoes or boots because I still don't have my AFO. Be careful!

Thanks. I've noticed more shuffling lately. I can tell when I walk on tile and the rubber soles on my shoes squeal more often.
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back