Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Vermont
City
Burlington
I'm 15 and for the past two weeks I've been pretty self conscious of my voice. I first slurred a few words in school which sent me off the deep end. I now a stuck on the fact that I have bulbar als. I look at my tongue and move it around as fast as I can and keep noticing small decreases in speed each day and it's scaring me so much. I have to almost think about every time I speak, it seems like its no longer an involuntary action (even though it technically not.) I feel like the bottom of my throat is full and I need to push the words out in my sentences when I speak. I still get body wide twitches, am still out of breath a lot, sometimes when speaking, and still get the lump in throat feeling every once in a while.
The thing I am most afraid about is this has lasted for TWO weeks now. I thought slurred/difficult speech from anxiety is only a panic attack symptom, and I haven't ever had an actual panic attack, I'm just afraid of having als 24/7. I was experiencing a lot of excess saliva but it isn't much of a problem now but I still do clear my throat a lot. Last time my mouth was checked was 3 weeks ago because I thought I was experiencing footdrop from limb onset als. I constantly think about dying at 15 and my parents think it's ridiculous im complaining about another thing. I feel like it has gotten worse but no one has said anything when I talk to them but I sure notice it.
I hate that I basically ruined this christmas that I won't get back. I just need a response that will give me the reassurance that it's just anxiety and not something else.
Also, I still occasionaly have weird weak like feeling on the right side of my body in my hand and foot. Is there a possibility of having both onsets of als at the same time?

Please members do not reply to this - young boy you aren't going to ruin our xmas either.

Ditto that>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Agree - ridiculous. The posts above AND your parents are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back