Reason
Other
Country
US
State
MO
City
Springfield
To everyone that is fighting any disease or sickness, I will let you know that you are constantly in my prayers.
I hate to waste anyone's time here, so I'll make this is short as possible.
I have been having constant worry and anxiety over thinking I have something wrong with me. Back in high school (I am now a junior in college) my hands started to have a tremor. It got worse whenever I had caffeine or my blood sugar ran low. I still have the tremor. My doctor said she didn't think the tremor was of any concern. Just essential tremor. Fast forward, the past couple years I've noticed muscle twitches/ fascinations all over my body. They aren't painful but very annoying and make me even more anxious. I also notice that when I carry heavier things, my forearms tend to burn and my tremor gets worse for a short period of time. I also notice that after I workout,
My body feels super fatigued and my tremor gets worse. Extreme heat will also cause me to feel worse.
I am a very anxious person in general. I tend to get very freaked out over things since my mom had cancer. Should I be worried I have als? Or anything? Thanks again for all of your help.

Nope!

Work on the anxiety.

why does your profile say you were diagnosed in August 1994?

Please join an anxiety forum, honest honey you don't belong here and have no ALS symptoms.

I hope you can get some help.

I'm so sorry, I don't know why it says diagnosis in 94? No idea how that got on here. I'm just concerned because of the fatigue I have as well as the stiffness and weakness I sometimes feel and the twitches. Again, I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time

I'm the same as you constantly worrying, I started getting twitches in my right leg today and am totally worried about it also and maybe thinking I have ALS. your not wasting anybody's time you are just worried.

WonderingGirl,
The only person's time you are wasting by being on this forum at this time is purely your own. You don't have any symptoms of ALS at all. What you wrote all sounds like anxiety which can absolutely cause all your symptoms. Please try to things that you find relaxing and stay away from Dr. Google. Maybe, call you regular physician and have them do some blood work on you to make sure that you aren't lacking a certian vitamin or are anemic. (sp?). Again, though I believe anxiety though is your main problem. Good luck to you.

I disagree GB, posts like this one are a waste of time for people who have ALS. We're not here to to babysit anxiety cases.

I try to take the load off the people who have ALS, so they can concentrate on taking care of each other, but WonderingGirl really takes the cake. There is no reason for her to think she has ALS, and it's a waste of time for her to be here.

Seriously, she gets the jitters when her blood sugar is low or her caffeine is high, and gets tired in the Missouri heat when she's working. She knows she's got anxiety and showed poor judgment by coming here.

This is a new and unpleasant twist: the ALS wannabes are feeding each other's anxieties!

GB,
Atsugi is right. You really have no legitimate concerns to even be on this site. Do cut down drastically on your caffeine consumption and start drinking more water. Then do the most important step and log off of this site for good. It is not where you belong and you will soon be wearing out your welcome otherwise.

>I disagree GB, posts like this one are a waste of time for people who have ALS.

hah! they are even [finally] getting to Mike ... and the walls come tumbling down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back