Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Essex
City
Essex
I was on here a 2 years ago with concerns of ALS and once my EMG came back clean, i was told it was all good.

Here i am still experiencing problems which i am very worried about, especially since i have read TWO posts today where both people had clean EMGs (one christmas time and one even more recently) and now have ALS.

My problems are temoring jaw, hands, legs, weakness in fingers and choking.

Sorry you are still having issues. Hope you are going back to your physician if you have not already. I do not know to whom you refer. Usually these people had other worrisome findings on exam and sometimes the emg is not quite clean but nonspecific
2 years of symptoms is very long and your symptoms diffuse if this were ALS I suspect it would be all too obvious. 2 years from my sister's first symptom she was unable to move her arms hands at all, unable to walk very impaired swallowing and her speech was so bad even her family had the greatest difficulty to pick out words. Strangers could not make out a syllable

Please check back with your physician. Reading here will only make you anxious

Last edited:
>Please check back with your physician. Reading here will only make you anxious

ditto that! talk w/ your Dr. -- not here!

I have been to my doctors and they said nothing. Sent me away with a blood test and anti-inflammatory gel.

Hi,

Well, honestly sooner or later you'll know if it's ALS or not. I've been waiting and "ignoring" my symptoms for 3 yrs. but now I'm close to a diagnosis (I don't know what diagnosis though). If you really want to have peace of mind and ease your anxiety talk to your doctor don't let her/him ignore your concerns. My primary care physician told me that I was very anxious and sent me home with xanax. Now, I've progressed to this point and it's pretty evident that something is wrong.

Hang on, don't give up!
Don't let doctors ignore your symptoms. You know your body.
I really hope you get an answer soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back