Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
JAM
State
Westmoreland
City
Negril
On April 11, 2014 my husband passed, he just did not have the strength to take another breath. He had only just died when I checked him in the morning, I know it was peaceful, or I would have heard him. I prayed for him to pass peacefully in his sleep and it was answered. My husband refused any form of mechanical help, no feeding tube - no breathing aids, only an alternating air pressure mattress and a suction machine. He fought ALS like a wild cat - he experienced huge pain and agonizing muscle cramping during the first year after his diagnosis which with medication and time eased. He suffered greatly from FTD during his last year alive, it has been a very difficult year for us.

Without the ALS forums I don't know how I would have made it, there is next to no knowledge of the disease here in Jamaica either in the form of clinics or the doctors, so the help that came from other CALS was enormous. Many many thanks from both of us.

My husband was a good man, who loved me dearly as I loved him. This disease robbed us of the last 2 years and our future together, I miss his 'well' self more than I can express.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I wish you peace and strength.

".. I miss his 'well' self more than I can express..."
I totally understand what you mean.

I am very sorry. Wishing you comfort in these coming days

You, your husband, and your family are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Trina

So sorry, he is at peace now, God Bless

So sorry for your loss we will keep you in our prayers.

Rick

I am so sorry for your loss but am glad it was peaceful. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie

I am glad he is at peace, but sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.

Paulette

I am very sorry for your loss. I am sending prayers of comfort and strength to you and your family.

Pat the two of you had such a hard time with this terrible disease...but you were so strong and did such a good job caring for him. I am so sorry for your loss. Peace to you.

I'm very sorry for your loss. May you both find peace.

So sorry for your loss.......There are no words to comfort you, but I wish you peace with the knowledge that your husband is free of ALS.

God bless you and your family !

Jennifer D

Pat, Please accept my condolences! I wish I had the words to comfort your heart! Care and hugs to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back