Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
MA
City
millbury
Hi everyone, in 3 days I go for my 2nd opinion, its been quite the ride so far.. symptoms started back in 12/2011, left arm / hand numbness.. saw many drs before finally seeing a neurologist, over the last year have had 2 emgs, nvc, many mri's, spinal puncture, blood work.. around jan 2013, he mentioned the possibility of als, in same breath told me to get a 2nd opinion, which finally is here.. little nervous.. I just want to know if I have or have not this disease, have done stuff recently just incase.., either way , ya or nay, I'm good with the diagnosis, again.. just want to know..

Good luck! Wishing you a good outcome - anything but ALS.

Let us know.

@rustfox:

Since you do not have ALS and no Doctor/Neurologist has diagnosed you as having such disease, I think you should've started this particular thread on the "Do I Have ALS, Is this ALS?" sub-Forum, leaving this one for people who really have (or have been diagnosed with) ALS.

Good luck.

It does take a while to get to this diagnosis, would suggest your second or third option be from an ALS physician / clinic. It seems to me each Dr. will do their own EMG/NVC. With two years of symptoms these Doctors who specialize in ALS will be in a good position to help you understand where your at. I know its the not knowing that is the hardest to cope with. Good luck to you.

never posted in a fourm before, sorry about the wrong place for the post.. the Dr i'm seeing is neuromuscular, who I believe is one who works in als, already have idea on where i'll go for 3rd opinion after and depending on how this appoint. goes,, you guys are great, thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back