02/2011
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Anywhere
All,

My mom (Bhappy) asked that I hop on the forum after she passed and let everyone know. My mom suffered from familial ALS for at least 3.5 years. Her hands were first effected, next her legs and her breathing at the end. Her diaphragm seemed to collapsed within 11 days before she passed away on 6/3. She was 'ok' in terms of eating, breathing and saliva. Suddenly at 5pm after being fine all day, her saliva become thick and she could not breath well at all. We had hired hospice and met with the nurse that morning thinking we were just preparing and ahead of the game. Sadly, it was just in time as her torture continued for the next 11 days where she became bed ridden, so weak, could not breath well at all, so much saliva and lost her voice almost within the final days. It all went very quick and was so sad to see, I was with her every step of the way.

I want to thank you all for any support you provided for my mom through her struggle against this disease. I suggested this forum to her when she was officially diagnosed.

Thanks,

Bhappy's daughter

Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry for your loss.
RIP Bhappy xo

Oh I am so very sorry. Thank you for for letting us know. She will be sorely missed. I wish you comfort and strength and pray that the evil FALS does not affect anyone else in your family.
Love
Nikki

Prayers of strength and comfort to you and your family. BHappy will be missed greatly.

Thank you so much for sharing...we will miss your mom. You are a wonderful daughter and I wish you and your family much peace in the coming years...

Your mum was an amazing lady, as are you. Keep your beautiful smile, Sam. Thinking of you and sending warm hugs your way. Yasmin.

I miss her so much and have cried many tears at her departure. I've been praying for peace for her and God's comfort for you and us and all who love her.

I'm so sorry! God Bless you and your family!

I am so sorry to hear this news..I am sure she was so comforted by your presence. God bless you during this time.

I am so sorry to hear the news as well. I am so glad that you were able to be there for you. I'm sure you were a comfort as well as Debd41 said. I will pray for you and your family. I lost my mother to cancer and was there by her bedside as well. I know how bad it hurts.

My condolences. Thank-you for sharing. I'm sure it was a comfort for your mother that you were there for her.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it seems so unreal how fast it happened. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, I'll miss her.

I can't imagine the depth of your pain. Thank you for writing the message as she asked of you. I'm certain this was especially hard for you. I am ever so grateful and blessed to have met you and your beautiful mom.

If I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like you.
Remember we are here for you too. Anytime.

Bhappy. I do hope and pray you are happy and peaceful, but I miss you.

This is such sad news,your mum was a lovely lady.
My condolences to you and family.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back