Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Ste marthe
I'm truely sorry to bother all you kind folks who have this devastating disease, but I'm desperate.Today my doc kept asking me if I had weakness but honestly even after reading you forum topics I'm stumped. Below is my story although long its is the complete symptom list ,this has been going on for a year now.I truely appreciate any input and again especially your time. I'm 37 male 170 lbs,used to be a heavy weightlifter Begginning:March 3,2012 I woke up with a tight chest (no pain),and congestion.This lasted a week or two and it went away, so I went back to weightlifting.The day after weightlifting at work I experienced debilitating back pain upper left side,and Dizzyness.Doc ran EKG of heart,MRI of spine,blood tests etc all neg.After numerous tests X-rays etc, went for massage therapy.She found a jumbo knot in my upper back ( huge like rope).During the three weeks of her massaging that out plus smaller ones,I developed a weird upper teeth tingling pain,sinus swelling and ear fullness plus acid reflux major.This led to major allergies during the summer and two trips 1: ENT who confirmed my sinuses were swollen 2: tmj dentist who confirmed I didn't have tmj just tight face muscles.Then I started spitting up blood in the morning where the ENT said it was swollen sinuses but they sent me for endoscopy came back neg.Fast forward to January this year, and weird flare ups happened.Standard flare up for me is ( extreme fatgue like a mass sugar dump,burning warm feeling)The next day sore upper back and burning feeling ,feels weak to,sore buttocks muscles,tension in calf muscles,hamstrings,thighs,biceps get tight,neck,shoulders,itchy ears,sensative to light,indigestion). When I'm not in a flare up I still get muscle tension like a cramp ,even in hands between thumb and finger.Calf muscle cramps ,feet.Somedays I feel great and some not so much,now I'm worried this is als or MD progressing :( scared to hell!

Hi tireddude,great news........nothing even points towards als/mnd regarding your symptoms.
Sounds like autoimmune or some post viral syndrome going on.
Have you seen a rehumatologist? They could run tests for anything autoimmune.
Also maybe a spinal tap could show some viral infection.

I get sinus problems due to having my nose broken 25yrs ago,i get bleeding when conjested or in hot weather.
One thing is i do have spasticity in facial muscles also nothing to do with tmj though i feel like i have tmj pain.........xrays showed tmj area was ok. But i have jaw spasticity as well as i have pls/mnd........i'm spasmodic from head to toe.

Hello there, Tireddude,

Just caught your post. I'm no expert, so take anything I say as my observation and opinion, based on personal experience and reading and learning things from this forum and anything else I could read for these past four months or so. It doesn't sound like als to me, but that is just my opinion.....get more professional evaluations. Given your age and the weight lifting stuff, it sounds to me to be much more like some kind of pinched nerve problem, or something of that nature. The first thing you learn here is that 'it can only be als when it isn't anything else'. That is pretty much true. That is also the reason why everyone has to go through all of the 'elimination tests', I call them. MRI's, CT scans, blood work, etc., etc., finally getting referred to a Neurologist, who eventually does an EMG to determine if it is a neuro muscular condition/disease. Until you have this done (the emg.....and it has to be "dirty"), you cannot know for sure. This is where the medical field is at this point in time, as I understand it.

Others may have more to add, and we have a very helpful and informed man named Wright (he may even be a Dr., I'm not sure) on this forum that you could talk to.....but you need to have gone through all the prerequisites first, so you can explain everything to him.

Anyway, keep searching, keep asking questions, and above all, don't jump to conclusions. This forum isn't going away if you need it, but do your due diligence first.....Neuro/emg. Just my opinion. Good luck, I wish you well.

Thanks for your reply, so even with my full body muscle tension and cramping doesn't seem ALS?

Uh, how on earth did even one part of that story, remotely lead you to believe you have ALS? You cannot be serious. I guess maybe the cramping? You cramp for a gazillion different reasons . . . ALS being pretty much the rarest of those reasons. Cramping alone does not mean you have ALS, I assure you. That's like saying a rat and a dog are the same animal because they both have tails. Please don't get to the point where you're so consumed with irrational fear that you think rats and dogs are the same animal. You have to look at the entire picture and you're not. Do yourself a huge favor and listen to your docs and to me: you do not have ALS given what you have shared. It's as simple as that.

Listen to wright,he's are medical expert here on the forum.

I also could not find anything that suggests ALS.

Thank you all for the answers I truely appreciate the info/advice.I will continue my search through my doctors tests and suggestion.I will pray that in the extreme near future they finally cure the devastating illnesses on this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back