Asking all about beginning symptoms! (Please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorz1

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Toledo
Did any of you first start experiencing your ALS in your leg, or foot? (Perhaps even arm/hands)
If so, would you mind answering a few questions?
1.) how did your leg/foot FEEL?
2.) how long until you were no longer able to use/control that muscle?
3.) In the beginning, did you feel any weird sensations before noticeable weakness? How long did this go on for, if so?

My ALS started in the legs

Did any of you first start experiencing your ALS in your leg, or foot? (Perhaps even arm/hands)
My legs/feet felt completely normal

I was in a wheelchair within 15 months

3.) In the beginning, did you feel any weird sensations before noticeable weakness? How long did this go on for, if so?
No weird sensations, the only symptoms were terrible cramps in the legs after heavy physical activity.

"Taylorrz1",

Are you sure with a 100% confidence you have ALS?
If so, were you diagnosed by a reputable Neurologist who specializes in Neuro--Muscular disorders such as ALS that you have that disease or it is all on your mind?

We are no Doctors here in these forums nor Neurologists so we cannot diagnose you based on just some paragraphs you posted with symptoms that...could be related to something else and not necessarily ALS.

My advice to you is (if you are so worried) go and see a Neurologist so he/she can find out what those symptoms you describe might mean.

Hope this helps.

NH

By the way, I did notice you have multiple open threads with the same issues each.
If you want to get attention my suggestion would be to keep all your inquiries in a single thread where it would be easier to address by forums members interested on replying you.

Regards,

You're right, NH. I'm sorry. I wasn't quite sure how this site worked and I may have gone a little crazy with different threads. My apologies. I just wanted answers.

You're right, NH. I'm sorry. I wasn't quite sure how this site worked and I may have gone a little crazy with different threads. My apologies. I just wanted answers.

No need to apologize.
We all fear the unknown and look for answers.

Regards,

Taylor, I'd suggest you post in the Do I have ALS section--it's not appropriate for you to post these questions here in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back