Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
il
City
ft wayne
If I already wasnt terrified of als I have been tripping alot and now im convinced I have it. Ive had calf aches aches ,shin aches,thigh aches and all over muscle twitching,to back pain,buzzing and burning sensation which originally got me worried but ive actually noticed ive been tripping when im walking for a while now ..atleast once a day. I shoved it off for the last couple months but now that ive used the wonderful google im sooo scared im crying everyday. I have horrible anxiety with this and im terrified of getting an emg done. is this als?!

YOu need to wait until you have your emg before you freak out. You are making yourself sicker and stay away from g o o g l e! We told you in the other thread you started not to worry so much. Worrying and freaking out and crying will not change the outcome. All it will do is give you puffy eyes and early wrinkles and a red nose. YOu are wasting the time you have now and you will never get it back, and when you look back on all this you will wish you spent it better. I wish you peace.

I know but it won't leave my mind:( Im.trying to focus something else but ill I see is a death sentence .so scared and am still young and have two babies under 5 that makes this much more scary. do.my symptoms come off as als? I need reassurance. Im sorry but im.not strong enough for this stuff;(

All this fear and anxiety will not change the out come. What are you gaining from crying and worrying? Nothing. No one here can tell you yes or no for sure. We can give you a guess and we did in your other thread.

Do you actually have foot drop? Are you completely unable to lift the front part of your foot or are you just tripping over yourself? You said you have a emg appt. That will tell you something and I pray it is normal so you can get on with your life.

If by chance there is something wrong what are you going to do? Just give up? I don't think so, like all of us here you will pick yourself up and go forward. You will do it for yourself, kids and family. You will do it because you have to. I have children and grand children and I a hero of a husband and I do what I need to do for me and them. YOu work around it, over it through it.

Now you need to stop this crying and worrying and go forward. Take it on the chin, go hug your kids, fix dinner, do the laundry and clean the bathroom but stop all the negative. It won't help or change anything. I wish you peace.

Thankyou. I know I have no control of it but Im scared non the less. As far as the foot drop. I still have complete mobility in both feet. I can stand on my heels,on my toes,flex and point but for the past few monyhs I have noticed ive been tripping quite often. I dont know. Its hard to distinguish whats symptomz of.concern or anxiety. Ive had mulitple anxiety symptoms..heart rate, lightheaded, balance issues,clumsiness but im scared and ofcourse think the.worst. I dont know how common it is for.a.24 yr old to have als but it terrifies me. I hope to God its not.

Wait for the emg and if it is clear then stop the worry. Good luck.

Your symptoms sound nothing like ALS. Go to a doctor for answers, not Google.

It is NOTcommon in 24 year olds.

Two kids under 5 can make one filled with anxiety about the future and greatly magnify any health issues that you do have.

Absolutely none of your posted issues is an ALS sign.

You would not be able to do those self-tests with true foot drop. If you can stand on heels and toes, you don't HAVE foot drop.

ALS at your age would also be very, very rare.

Pain, tingling and burning are sensory issues--again, not ALS. ALS does not cause sensory issues. Certainly go to the doctor--but it's perfectly safe to stop thinking it's ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back