Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
alabama
City
leeds
new poster here. been reading through the threads for the past couple of days looking for answers to some of my concerns. i will be quick, my mom was killed suddenly in a car accident a couple of months ago. a few weeks later i developed a pain in my shoulder blade. did what i never should have done and went online to see what it could be. scared myself and went to the dr. was told inflammed muscle given steriod and muscle relaxer. muscle relaxer made me sick, spent three weeks nauseous and dizzy. had no strength (i know i wasn't eating) then my tongue started twitching. looked that up and scared myself to death. immediately noticed twitching in legs, arms and other areas. i was stumbling some and felt like my muscles were weak and panicked even more. went back to dr and was referred to neurologist. neurologist saw me, asked a few questions, checked my eyes, ran a pin up and down legs, arms back, had me push and pull, and had me walk across the room and then walk back in a straight line then he told me i had bfs. also thought i had pinched nerve in neck. told me if it was not better in three months to come back. now i have these intense pains in the fingers on my left hand and in the toes on my left foot. feels like a cramp only they don't curl in and straightening them does not make it go away. i can still do everything i could do with my hand sometimes it feels stiff and the pain is there a lot. does this sound at all like the beginning of als?

No it doesn't. One tip on posting. Use caps,punctuation and paragraphs to make your posts more readable

It does sound like a nerve. A chiroprctor can take care of it if it is. You should check on out and might get relief right away. Mine has changed my life. Now I go once a year just to keep everything right Sorry about your mom, I know that, that stress don't help eighter.Good luck and keep us posted:).

My goodness! You've been through an awful lot! Check out the aboutbfs.com site for more info and support.

Anxiety can do terrible things to your body. There is a great thread in our archives about health anxiety. Please read it and discuss this with your GP. There are medications that can help as well as CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) .

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back