Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking down I see you....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~waving at Linda,Susan, skipper, Aly and Helen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Friends,
Happy Monday to you all. I hope you all had a good weekend. I worked this weekend at the switchboard at the hospital. We are taking my in-law's out to dinner tonite. I talked to my dad on phone yesterday and wished him Happy Father's day! He is doing pretty good. My niece posted some pics of him on her facebook account and he looked pretty good. He told me he loved me and also said so to all of my children. I told him he better keep eating well because when I see him next I'm going to hug him so hard I'll squeeze the stuffing out of him. lol Have a good week everyone. Kim

Waving hi to everyone!

Aly, welcome back, too bad your phone decided to go swimming... Matt did that a few years ago with his game boy... never did work again. They say if you take the battery out and put in in a sealed box with rice in it, it may dry it our correctly... but never turn it on first.

Can't get the battery out of my iPhone, apparently they don't survive getting wet! I've done it before with a phone in the British museum! What's with me and museums! I have never ever put my phone in my back pocket, since the London dunking, until yesterday! Silly me. It was a silly day. Went to buy a t shirt and voila! Had left my credit cards back in NZ.

We have crap deals with mobiles here, it's supposed to be one of the most expensive places in the world to have a mobile, not enough competition between providers. iPhone's are over $1000 ! You can get them cheaper with a plan, but the plans with the iPhones are ridiculously expensive!

An officer and a gentleman was very good. True to the movie. The lead had a six pack and was incredibly good looking. I saw a lady in the lift at my hotel, she had a programme, so we got talking about the show. She follows the hunky singer about, watching all his shows. Said she needed to get back to her room fast after watching his rippling muscles......too much info LOL.

Susan, I forgot you had a baby due in your family as well. Going to be exciting :)

Rain rain go away!

My dear friend (who was my choir director in middle and high school) got an iPhone the day before she left for a NYC trip. While touring Radio City Music Hall, she went to the loo and forgot the precious 3-day old iPhone was in her back pocket and yep, it took a swim. When she pulled it out, she tried to turn it on and little puff of smoke came out! She ran out of the tour, went into a market nearby, and put it in a bag of rice and left it there for the next week. When she took it to the repair guy here in town, he opened it and said he couldn't fix it BUT the little moisture indicator had not changed... a miracle! He closed it up and told her to try to send it back and get a new one. So she did... and they gave her a new one! So you never know... if you get the moisture out, it may not be a lost cause! Worth a try!

Ok Sarah. I will put it in the rice . Its a veeeeery old iphone Though :)
Congratulations on the outstanding result from your Garage sale. Welldone. You worked hard and its paid off........would just about cover an iphone Hint hint....LOL
Actually, daughter told me the fairly new ones are easy to get second hand on Trademe (our ebay). I hadnt thought of that. So might give it a try.
Suns out, so better go walk my Mutts.

Good morning and afternoon and evening, all! Back to work full time. Not sure when I last worked a full week, but it was many months ago, I guess. And here I am already taking a break to check on you all, lol.

Di, rest rest rest. Sure hope you're feeling better soon.
Hi Helen, rest advice for you, too. You were up too late (or perhaps to early)!
Where is Toto?
Deb, sorry about your fingers. Must be so frustrating.
How goes the baby watches? I'm so excited! (not excited enough to wish my kids to have kids yet, but excited for you!) :)
Sarah, hope you're enjoying your week of freedom!
Wishing Jen a safe and fun vacation. Yes, I'm jealous :)
Aly, hope you find a good used phone. Otherwise, couldn't someone in another country buy one and send it to you - or do they check incoming packages like that somehow? (and btw, 'legend'? whatever for?)
Where's our Marta? Does she have company again?
Hope everyone's hungry. Leftover enchiladas for breakfast, mmmmmm!

My grandaughter was born t 6:14 this morning. Amelia is 4lb. 15 oz. Hopefuly I meet her soon on face time.

Congrats, Becky! Sooo soooo tiny! Is she in NICU?
Sharlene, I sure am! Thanks!
Aly, well, if it's that old, might not be worth the effort? But I agree that it is sad when an iPhone dies. I had all kinds of smart phones before the iPhone and used to say I didn't undertand the hype behind them... now that I have one, I get it. I too would be very sad if mine bit the dust! And BTW, I got mine for $99 with two year contract... it's an iPhone 4... didn't want the s part. The best part is when I upgraded it was on a different line, so I stayed on my old dataplan. That means I'm one of a very very few people with a Verizon unlimited data plan on an iPhone! LOL They don't offer specials with a contract there?
I'm off to go shred more papers. Cleaning out my personal files and effects so my parents won't have loads of crap to dig through and be all in my personal business whenever I hit the point that I can't do it myself. I would urge others to do the same if they still can!

Congratulations, I love the name and hope she and mommy are doing well.

Dana

Congratulations Becky! Hope you get to see her soon!
Any news from SusanF?
Sharlene, enchiladas sound wonderful! How's your Mom doing? Glad you're getting some work done but love that you're checking in
Sarah, you're such a good daughter to go through the piles of paper yourself. I did discard a lot before my daughter arrived. Had a lot of Mom's sorted out and mine too, but there's a good bit more of mine to do. Kudos to you on the successful yard sale! I know how much you're looking forward to sale #2. LOL!
I just got my first smart phone last fall and LOVE it! Don't know how I managed without it for so long. Hope you can find a new one soon Aly.
I think Marta's bathroom remodel was scheduled for this summer so she's probably hip deep in drywall dust.
Kim, glad you had a nice phone visit with your Dad.
Any news on the home sale, Helen? We discussed moving but have decided to stay put for now and have KK enrolled in the local university for fall term. I was not looking forward to the upheaval of a major move. Had enough of those as an Army wife. Your home is lovely, Helen. I hope you'll be able to make accommodations for your PWC that will keep you comfortable there.
Anyone hear how Liz is doing? No word from Toto. Joni, are you getting things sorted out with Hospice and the communication issues?
Wish we could all be cruising with Jen and Rog. Hope the formula arrived in time!
~~~~~~~~~ have a great day~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning!
Sharlene...you mentioned you live in the sticks and no one would come to your yard sale. Where I live people find empty parking lots of businesses that have closed and bring their stuff on flat bed trailers, in bed of trucks & in car trunks to sell. Just a thought! Thank you for breakfast!
Becky....Congratulations! Is this your first grandbaby? I only have one grandbaby and she is 2 1/2! She is my favorite grandbaby ;) Other Grannys told me Grandbabies are different than your own children in the way you feel about them. I didn't understand till my sweetie came along but now I do. Enjoy. I hope Amelia is doing good. How is Mom?
Sarah.....Enjoy your break from your very cute and talented little boy! I too had a yard sale recently. You mentioned you will be having another one at your parents soon......REST up and don't wear yourself out! I have also been going through REALLY old paperwork and have been taking bags full to our local free shredding events that our local tv station host at different businesses every couple of weeks. I have even went through boxes of pictures and divided them up between our 2 grown and out of the house kids. Richard (hubby) is always asking me "what are you getting rid of next?". He thinks I have went overboard with my need to get rid of "stuff". I am doing it while I still can! I hate the thought of leaving Richard with all my "junk" to have to deal with later.

Wow, long labor, wasn't her Mom induced Sunday night? Hope everyone is well, and you get to see her very soon.

Sharlene, good to get back to some sense of normal I bet, but you better keep coming here too...

DD! Missed ya, where have you been?

Sarah, I've been doing the same... get rid of all incriminating evidence before someone else has to... :)

Waving hi to everyone...

Hi Cathy! Grand babies are wonderful!
We're still dividing up "goodies" that belonged to my Mom. Poor KK feels a bit overwhelmed by the amount of "stuff" Mom and I have accumulated. I'm sure hubby will appreciate your efforts.
Our local branch of a large office supply chain offers shredding service as well.

Heeeheeee Helen... EXACTLY! LOL
My friend Michael gave me a paper shredder so I've just been shredding it myself. This morning resulted in SIX trash bags of junk! I went from two overflowing file drawers to one drawer half full! Whoo hoo! Now my shoulders and neck are KILLING me! Yes, I always overdo everything. I have yet to learn to conserve energy and pace myself... I'm sure I'll get the lecture at clinic next week. Can't believe it's already time to go again. Wasn't I just there? Bleah! Where does time go?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back