00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
Come for Tea

Hey, y'all! New thread move. If someone could throw me some brownies, I might sleep tonight! ;)

Ah, this was snuck in while I wasn't lookin'! Someone was working late :)

CJ, wish I had some brownies last night, all I had was biscotti... will that do?

Happy Father's Day everyone...

Oh Gosh Father's Day again?, my son just had his birthday yesterday now another special day (we made 37 brownies for him...lol), geez, He was actually born on Father's day, best gift I could think of for hubby at the time.....:), Brownies on there way--------------->

Happy Father's Day to any and all Father's today!

Frittata with ham, cheese, sPinach and a hint of onion. Still on the espresso kick in the mornings. Biscotti for dipping.
CJ are you guys still on the river? Hope the outing is going well.
Congrats to your daughter and grands on the trophies, Di! Hope the tootsies feel better. Last time I fell with my walker I really injured my right foot and toes( no break). It really seemed to take a long time for them to be comfortable again.
Helen, looks like David did some housekeeping. Still waiting for my PM priveleges, edit button and avatar to be returned.
Hey Marypat~~~~~~~~~~~
Y'all have a wonderful day! We have sunshine and blue skies here.

I love brownies! Send some to me Please and hold the calories. lol Hope all the Father's on here have a good day.

Happy Father's Day to you Dads! Maddie and Melissa have been and gone, brought Rog pictures of the two of them! Time to start packing, got our tickets.... We're good to go!
Hot day today, a/c kicked on before 9... Whole house fan pretty useless today!
Deb, breakfast was yummy... I've left out some lemon bars and iced tea....lots of ice!
Di... Your girls did great! Congratulations...are they home yet?
Everyone, enjoy your day! Last minute running around to do!

Jen

Di great your girls did had a good time and did so well. Hope yor feet feel better soon.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. We went to Mass then met Neil& Vickie down town for brunch. I'm tired after a busy day yesterday. I went to a baby shower for Karen. My golfing gals were there. My best friend Anne and Vickie came here and we walked to the shower. I had to use my manual chair because they had steps. I had to go around the side of house to get to her screened porch. They have a house on the lake with an awesome view. I can't eat but enjoyed the conversations while they ate. Joel and Karen used face time to talk with us and showed them the nursery. We showed her the dessert platter & pile of gifts. They didn't come this weekend because she's being induced tonight. I had to use the bathroom and waited until people said their good byes. I could see the bathroom across from me but couldn't go across...two sets of short steps of stairs and furniture too close together. So we went around the house over bumpy grass. By the time I got to the bathroom I was cramping. As Anne help me stand I exploded. I had a long skirt that had to be lifted and had no panties on. I was so embarrased! Anne has been my friend for 22 years and we had a few adventures. This was a first. She was wonderful ands cleaned the rug as best she could and got me cleaned up. Vickie pushed uphill and back home. Another friend brought the gifts up. Anne got fresh clothes me and stayed until Doug home from a car show across the lake. He wanted to to local one at a diner. So we piled the manual chair into the back seat and to that car show. It was a fun day but I'm paying for it now. Better nap because we hope to get a call tonight.

Thank You all for the congrats, It was them all them, they did their best and had fun too! I am sooo Happy for them all and my daughter must be sooo very proud also.
BeckyW, so glad things worked out for you in the end. (no pun intended). What trials we get to go thru, changimg all the time. Onward and upward.
CJ sorry I was late with the Brownies, I was being stingy....lol

and the feet, OMG when I put them down incredable pain as blood rushes into them even if I try to do it slowly so have learned to strap on foot braces while still up but only helps a little bit. Bruise and bllood blister still the same after a week and now my big toe is turning purple too,,,,geeeez thanks for the rant....sorry.

Have a great day everyone! {{HUGS}}

Oh, Becky, that must have been awful! Thank goodness for good friends (and the fact that most of us have changed diapers in our past probably doesn't hurt either!) You have much more gumption than I to go out after that, I would have curled up in bed! Is your DIL having the baby in Boston? I'm surprised they're inducing her on a Sunday night, guess they want to give the folks something to do... :) One word: epidural...

I sat out on my porch with my feet up on the railing, and though it felt really good, I think I sunburned them a little! They're swollen (as usual) and feeling prickly hot (kinda usual) but a bit more so than usual. Oh well, gorgeous day anyway, threw some burgers on the grill for dindin.

Joel just texted they have checked into MGH. I'm so nervous and excited. Karen is a marathoner and a tough German with a great sense of humor. Hope she can smile a bit tonight.

getting induced isn't easy...but when you know you're getting a baby at the the end of it all, it's pretty awesome!

See you all in three weeks! No one fall, get hurt or do other damage while I'm gone!

Love,
Jen

Becky i'm up early(for me) wondering about the baby, hope it was nice and easy for them both! Jen Have the greatest time! helen hope u didnt get burned glad u enjoyed the sun. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~good morning all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back