Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't understand..

As you have two very similar threads running - I have posted on the other one.

Take care

I did read that one women's husband has the buzzing for 'years' before diagnoses an still had it during the illness. Several posts that i copy and pasted had these symptoms for years prior to being diagnosed.

I'm sorry, i am just really scared. Scared to the point of making myself physically sick now.

You must want to have ALS very much to have searched out so many patients who you think are like you. My time is better spent with people who don't want to have it.

And before you say you don't want it, you are the only person that is telling you that you have ALS. If you were smart, you'd admit that you might just be wrong about this ALS thing and you might wait until a doctor told you that you have it. But you keep looking for more buzzing people that just happen to have ALS. How smart does that make you?

Poosmum, you answered your own fears and your blinders are still on and you can't even see it for yourself. You posted that you have none of the official ALS symptoms, babinski, clonus, hoffmans. You even answered my question as to being negative to muscle atrophy and weakness. I even said not perceived! I have a tingling in my two left smaller fingers but that has nothing, NOTHING to do with ALS. That is from a van rollover accident.

And not to sound rude, but if you really cared for us, you wouldn't start multiple threads asking the same questions. I am a quad who uses voice activation to type and I believe Trfogey uses his eyes (sorry T if I'm wrong). As I told you before, free prescription and it says, "Take 2 daily walks with significant other, take a bubble bath at night, go shopping and buy something you have really wanted (within budget), stop and smell the flowers, look up old friends from the past and last but not least, TURN OFF THE DA^^NED computer"!

Good luck and GOD Bless your doctor.

What is I don't understand your processing! You have 2 posts; everyone telling you their opinion, and you still can't heed the advice given to you. And I thought my children were stubborn.

Please accept my apologies. Thank you for being an ear to a young women who is very afraid. Thank you again; please ban my IP from this site.

You don't need banning, you just need to take a deep breath, and get a grip on the way you are processing your issues. Many of us have and are still going through the diagnostic process. You can't think you have one rare illness that does not fit your situation, when hundreds of neurological diseases exist. To think you have such a terrible illness over the others is very sad. Remember, probably 15 people come here e ery week with the same problem and get so fixated. You need to change your pattern of thought and look at the glass half full, not half empty. You have a little buzzing, gone on for years, you are up and about, breathing eating, a few minor hand issues. Most importantly you have seen a neurologist who has NOT told you that ALS is your issue. Celebrate, be happy.
Get another opinion if it's worrying you, but an opinion about what is causing it, NOT " is it ALS.
I think you want to just vent, but not listen, which is why you avoided the important questions.

Dear, internal tremor as you describe, without UMN or LMN signs are not ALS. Relax. The issues with your fingers and even your arm are most likely a trapped ulnar nerve.

In the USA, we have rights to our medical records. If the neuro you saw didn't tell you anything, get your records.

As a patient, you have to be proactive and ask questions!

None of your symptoms sounds at all like ALS. Your GP should start with blood work and go from there. I'm not sure what even brought you to an ALS website.

With normal clinical exam, there are no UMN issues...again, so relax. Lots of non-fatal things can make you shaky and weak feeling. Body wide twitches are NOT part of ALS either.

It's only a few weeks til your appt. write down your symptoms for your doctor and demand answers when you go.

Good luck

Again, not to be mean or offensive,

Go see an psychiatrist, they can either fix your health anxiety, or just plain script you something to calm down. If you have als theres nothing you can do about it, so maybe this fear can teach you the simple priceless value of time.

Your symptoms dont sound like als........id see a shrink first, i had way more lie up than you...."....guess what clean and happy

I've been away for a couple of days and now read (on here) that my sore/burning tongue which i've had for nearly 4 weeks now is just another sign of ALS. In fact for a few people it was their first symptom. I AM definitely slurring, not majorly but enough to notice... I'm a single mum with a 13 year old son, i am so scared for him.

It seems to me you have been gone just two days and when you come back you have a new symptom that you just happened to forget about. You need to wait for your appointment. List your concerns for the doctor and get off the internet. Go take your son to the movies. Or do something to relieve your worries. You need to stay off the forum until you have real documentation of your medical "illness".

As it has been said before, a trip to the psychiatrist wouldn't hurt either. Please I don't want to sound uncaring, but I think you are running everyone's patience mighty thin.

As I have said before? Go LIVE! You are not going to get much sympathy here until you come back with a real diagnosis. So like I said, GO LIVE!

I can't do anything right now. I am too afraid. I am one step from being sectioned.

The left side of my tongue is definitely thicker than the right.

Last edited:
Can't you get something for your anxiety? I truly believe you when you say your making yourself sick! Do something about that!

Geeze....not to be mean but I just want to throw this thought out to you. While we agree that your symptoms are ***NOT ALS***, what would you do if we said they were? Where would you go from there?

Ok, I am just like you. I have no diagnosis and don' t know if its all anxiety or if it's another medical condition. So, try to do something different than reading right now, to distract yourself. Start with short periods of time, to help you with the wait. I understand your fears. Try it, even though I know it feels like you cant. Start small, think about the time with your child and try to focus on one moment at a time. I know your fears are real but if you don't at least try and distract yourself for a little bit it's going to get worse. No matter what your condition is, ALS or otherwise, the state of panic will worsen it. I don't post anymore but I feel bad for you. I'm sorry for your situation.

Here in the UK if you phone your GP surgery at 8.30am they HAVE to see you that day - no question.

The receptionists can be "tricky" but you can insist that you see a GP, maybe not your usual one, but the locom at least.

Make that call tomorrow (Monday) at 8.30am. Get that appointment. Talk to your GP - get his help - TOMORROW morning.

Your anxiety will cause you more problems than your current list of other systems.

**Also just seen that there are loads of Boots walk in centres all over Essex - literally loads - I think you mentioned transport being a problem for you but if you have the money to see a private consultant in the UK, you have the money for a taxi, bus then taxi to walk in clinic**

We are very lucky here in the UK that we can see a GP anyday even Sundays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back