Status
Not open for further replies.
I merged the threads.

You are a star Richard :)

I am a bit confused, easily done these days, but you had an appointment with neurologist, you went, were examined and he said nothing? Or they are sending you for an appointment to neurologist to get an EMG? If it was the first, why did you not ask any questions? Can you ring the nurse and ask hera few questions? You keep mentioning your hands and yet you seem quick to type? I am not discounting what you say, just wondering how much has been added by stress and the I n t e r n e t.

Try ringing the nurse and ask her to check. If she can't. Put in for a phone consultation with the doctor. I would ask him first before I let my fingers do any more "walking".

I am not using the bad hand, i am typing with my useful hand. I have tried calling the neuro office and i have left countless messages....

Does the office have an office manager? If so, ask to speak to her and voice your complaints. And if not, how far away is the office? Maybe an early morning drive (to his office) may do the trick!

Just notice that my left arm is MUCH thinner than the right arm.

The neurologist it turns out only has clinic at the hospital on a Tuesday. :(

So I take it you have a completely normal clinical examination, with your weakness and atrophy noted by the neurologist! I GIVE UP! goodbye

I don't know about the neurology exam, i can't get through yet.

Why are people on this forum so mean? I can't get through to the Neurologist. I don't drive. Live miles from anywhere. No taxis or buses. My lift who'd take me is on holiday, there is nothing i can do.

Why are people on this forum so mean? I can't get through to the Neurologist. I don't drive. Live miles from anywhere. No taxis or buses. My lift who'd take me is on holiday, there is nothing i can do.

No one is being mean to you, but it is extremely difficult to help someone when important information is missing. I sympathize with your troubles in transportation and in communication with your neuro, but you simply haven't given us enough specifics -- especially those that your doctors have verified that you have -- to be of any assistance to you.

Until you get specific information from one of your doctors about what they've found wrong with you during the clinical neurological exam -- where they check your strength, your reflexes, your muscle tone, etc. -- there really isn't much more we can say about your condition. Based on what you've told us thus far, we're as puzzled as you are because it doesn't sound like anything we've experienced or heard about.

I'm sorry, but all I can say to right now is:

• something's wrong with you.
  • I have no idea what it is.
  • it doesn't sound like any ALS/MND onset I've ever experienced or heard or read about.
  • I hope that your doctors have a better answer for you soon.

I wish I could do more to help. Good luck to you.

I am so afraid. I just called the office again and now it's saying calls won't be responded to until Monday, however, i have just been looking through this site and found all this d**ning evidence regarding buzzing/vibrations.... Like some of the people i too have been feeling this upon waking for years... now, it's all the time.

1. OK, here goes my strange thing, when I wake up in the morning I feel as though I am vibrating on the insides, especially upper body and head. It is just plain weird, but after I am up for 1/2 hour or so it goes away..

2. Di, my husband has those same sensations. He's had them for years and tells me the only thing that calms them is a libation or two. He said he feels like electricity is buzzing throughout his body, making it vibrate.

3. The phone vibrating feeling--I get that quite often--and have actually reached in my pocket for the phone--only to realize it's my body, not the phone.

4. During resting or standing i have no tremors but mos of the time a buzzing feeling. And here people talk about buzzing but most of them have ALS.

5. Kinda hard to explain... almost a buzzing or pulsating feeling that I can feel underneath the skin in my arms and sometimes my legs.

6. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/people-als-pals/12661-buzzing.html

7. I also am awakened every night at 4am with a feeling like the bed is vibrating and I am vibrating internally.

8. I sometimes feel like a vibrating tuning fork. This started years before my diagnosis.

9. My husband has the same buzzing, vibrating feeling you are talking about

10. Does anyone else have nonstop internal shaking/tremors? I feel like my entire body is hooked up to a vibrating bed all day long.

11. The tremors run throughout my whole body, not in one spot. It feels like I'm hooked up to electrodes. There's not a single spot where I don't have this sensation. I also have sporadic "buzzing" sensations throughout my body, but these are brief - about 5-10 seconds- then go away (these usually happen in my ankles, thighs, abdomen and scalp). The internal tremors NEVER go away. My husband has tried to feel them, but feels nothing when he touches me with his palm and/or his fist. However, sometimes they are bad enough to visibly see, and it just looks like I'm shaking because I'm nervous. To the onlooker, the shaking is very minor. However, to me it feels like I'm shaking apart inside- to the point that if I put my teeth together I'd swear they would chatter.

12. This happens to my husband a lot! He says it feels like buzzing electrical current and can not stand it! It seems to happen more often after he has over done activity.

13. It is a very light buzzing feeling I have had it since before the Dr mentioned that I might have als

14. NOW my right foot is buzzing. It started last Sunday night after I worked a trip ~ probably one of my last as it looks like its disability for me come next month ~ and I was totally exhausted. The buzzing in my foot has not stopped. If I wake in the night, its vibrating, during the day its there. What is it? Does anyone know what the classification of this is? Is it UMN or LMN is it a form of fasciculations?

15. I had that vibration on waking in the morning for several years Now I dont have it and I have Bulbar onset and none of my Mds knows what I am talking about. Sometimes it was in my feet and I thought it was a motor vibrating in the floor.

16. i have had the vibrating feeling in my lower body, from the waist down mainly legs/feet since i started with umn symptoms 9yrs ago.
i think it is either the clonus or muscle weakness that causes it. it has never gone away,sometimes i can just feel it usually if i am having a good day and other times it is really strong. if you look on my posts i have posted about this before.
i too get a buzzing in my left side of the chest.

17. I get what I call an internal tremor/ vibrating feeling in my chest mainly when laying down. Now it is starting to happen occassionally when I am sitting up. I also get a vibrating feeling in my feet, mine does last long, but it does happen alot at night when I am trying to go to sleep.

18. That's a good point Caroline, but the NCV has been shown to be abnormal in a small percentage of ALS patients, as are sensory symptoms (this "purring" sensation would certainly fall into the sensory symptom category). You are absolutely correct, though: this "purring" could very well be due to upper motor neuron death/dysfunction, because people with MS feel it as well.

Don't understand..

While i am waiting to have my EMG test i've been doing much reading on ALS. I read one post on here by someone who had been experiencing various symptoms including all over buzzing/vibrating sensations and in one of their responses the person replied that they got to as far as buzzing ad vibrating and stopped reading...

Now, with a little investigation of my own, i found 100 posts with people ALL mentioning that they have either experienced or known of people with ALS who had experienced this weird sensation.

As far as i am aware, ALS is not sensory, but vibrations are sensory.... Can someone help me understand because i am really stressing here and i have a long time to wait before i have my EMG. My leg is permanently buzzing and i've had the internal vibrations for a few years now and they happen every day, worse upon waking, but noticeable enough throughout the day.

Someone help me out?

I have never had buzzing like that. And think if your husband is having it also. You may want to check heavy metals in you both or look and see what the two of you are eating. You live in the UK, so I'm unsure of this, but do you have high radon gas levels in your country? It comes from under the ground and seeps up into your home. Now before you panic, it's easily rectified: you get a reputable company out, they put some things under the house and have redirected outside of your home. My aunt lives in a very high end community ($1+ million homes) and before she could sell it had to be done. Just a suggestion.

I think you've confused my post. These sentences are ALL taken from this site, they don't refer to me. People from ALS Forum HAVE these buzzing/vibrating sensations. If you put it in the search bar, you'll have the same outcome.

Re: Don't understand..

Many things can cause the buzzing and vibrations like peripheral neuopathy, spinal issues, endocrine, meds. Having ALS or MND does not exclude us from having other health issues. It is very scary and self examination for all thing we feel is somewhat normal. We are blinded by the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back