Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I have a colonoscopy on monday............i dont see why, the gastro knows its from chronic IBS! Tuesday I go to UNC and get my brain mri results, they do two a year. Plus I report back on how the nuedexta is working and they have me preform all the same tricks....... I wonder if they will have me do a impromptu EMG. My muscles have gotten worse since last visit, plus the falls have started. I have so much ribcage breastbone pain, i dont understand how literature can make people think ALS/MND is not painful...The spasms brought on after a workday are killer, than in the morning the aching and limb/hand stiffness is not fun. Its funny because some mornings i hurt so bad i take forever getting up, then on other mornings like today i wake up hop out of bed and fall into the wall! I forget I have foot drop and my legs are getting weaker! Luckily my house is very small and there is something to grab everywhere......this morning i was like a pinball bumping into everything until i found my footing...the alarm clock makes me jump but my legs make me fall! Ohhhh what fun.... a good friend of mine calls me a drunk b! It makes me laugh because that is how i look sometimes, it could be way worse so its good to be able to laugh at myself...love to all..Happy Martin Luther King day...;-)

We're pinball Wizards, Sam!

Dang disease!......I know how ya feel!.........I'm the blue ball bouncing off everthing, that's when I havent fall in the hole!

ALS can't take away your humour!

Keep it up Sam!

Beware of fleece sox on wood floors. This morning I had my walker and leaned over to reach something. My feet slid under me and down I went. Lucky I haven't broken anything but get some colorful bruises. We head to Florida next week. Better not fall on those tile floors.

Becky W, my friend gave me one of those pincher type "grabbers". It has a little spike on the opposite side for pulling things closer and a little magnet on the tip for catching up metallic objects. I keep it on my PWC at all times. I've learned the hard way not to try to pick up anything off of the floor when I'm using the walker, no matter what I have on my feet!
If you have foot drop and tile floors beware of the grout lines! They always seemed to trip me up without the AFO.
Have a wonderful time! We're still in the 70's this week in SE GA!

Sam , been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Glad to see your spirits are up:)

Hi Sam. By the way Ottawa is not in Quebec. It's in Ontario.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back