Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Rochester
Our situation has changed dramatically in the past month in that my husband requires a whole lot more care now. He no longer can eat and has had the PEG put in. The mucus in the throat is a bit of a problem as well. The breathing problems are inhing their way in now as well. I have made promises hand over fist to take care of my husband during this terrible illness, as I know how private of a person he is, in that he wants NO ONE knowing his business....thus, I have carried the emotional load as well. Although people know he has this terrible disease, they do not know the extent of it. At least they didn't. I finally had the "melt down" that was coming. What good did it do? PLENTY. My work schedule has changed in that I am allowed to work 5 out of 8 hours a day from home, as he is afraid to be alone for very long. I have also stopped sheltering his 20 plus year old children, and have engaged their help in caring for their father. I can finally take some time away...even if I do not really want to, I know it will be good for me. It is great that not only his children, but sisters and a couple of nieces as well have stepped up to the plate to help. I feel blessed in that I finally am able to ask for the help that has been there waiting for me. I thank God every day for my family...now even more! What is my point here? Do not be afraid to open up and ask for help. You might be surprised what is really there waiting for you!

I'm happy for you! Good luck! It's nice when family steps up.

Fantastic that your family will help. Many won't.

AL.

Wonderful news!

Mrs. C

I was reluctant at first to ask for help but now have 3 wonderful sister in laws and a brother in law to fill in during the day.

Also was reluctant to start Hospice... but what a wonderful crew! I have help 3 mornings a week to clean him and change the bed.

What a relief for me! AND.... your pal will appreciate all the help too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back