Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
McDonough
A great note written by Richard Garr the CEO of Neuralstem. His company is the one funding the stem cell study at Emory where I am patient #11. I think he summarizes everything very well. He himself is very inspirational, he started this company because his son, who is thankfully still alive, had a brain tumor and he wanted to find alternative treatments using stemcells etc. I really think he summarizes everything with the trial very well.

Ted is there a link to the note?

It is a good blog. I just wish with this monster disease that they would allow a much wider pool of volunteers, no placebos, and be more risk taking. I'd volunteer this minute for the upper spine trial.

I truly hope this is the first step to cure or long remissions but for many it may indeed signify nothing. It is the carrot just out of our reach.

Ted I'm glad you had the chance at the carrot and you will be the pioneer that led to an effective treatment for ALS.

This is my response to CEO blog not to you personally Ted.

Rita

dragon libra...they are definitely not doing placebo's...the pace of the trial and amount of people enrolled has been limited by the FDA.

Neuralstem and Emory are both ready to move forward, with patients 13 - 18 however the FDA has not given them the green light yet believe it of not! Heck they were ready to do patient # 13 back in August, now they are hoping to do it at the end of this month, that is if the FDA finally gives them the green light!
t
Heck I want nothing more then to see this help everyone...that is why I did the trial and the story...

I know you were referring to the CEO blog and not me :)

I know this trial they didn't do placebo. I was speaking of the drug trials on that.

I know too it is the bureaucracy of the FDA that is the big holdup.

Can't help wishing the researchers could just throw it open to all PALS wishing to take the chance. After all we already beat long odds to be the unlucky ones to meet the beast.

Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back