Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
Aus
State
Tas
City
Hobart
Hey there guys this is my first Post , wouldn't have a clue where to put it? so here it is , Today after waiting like 5 weeks , i finally received my results back from the Pathology in Melbourne Australia , i Live in Hobart Tasmania Australia , Its confirmed that i carry the SOD1 Mutation (The c.278 G>T, p.Gly93Val MUTATION WAS DETECTED in heterozygous form, this was passed on from my mother who died at 35 being diagnosed at 30, my grandfather, my uncle also passed away and another uncle diagnosed with the mutation still living another 4 paternal relatives have also passed away from Motor Nuerone Disease . I also have Bipolar 1 , and just recovering from a broken leg and dislocated ankle , i'm not winning at present , my life has its ups and downs , i have been addicted to Ice , i haven't touched it for 3 years , and currently still smoke Marijuana. I have a plan, where i want to start my own business , so i have recently enrolled in study its been a bit of slow process due to a short attention span "well my excuse" now that i have this disturbing news , i think its time to step up , finish my study so im back in there at 10am tomorrow "I so wanna start making an income , Ive been on NS but with a pension card and light duty's with centrelink . I think this news is really gonna turn my life around . And really use my time wisely . What usually happens , now as i haven't even seen the GP yet , just seen genetics Councillor who just give me the news .

Tasone,

That must have been incredibly hard news to receive. It sounds like you have determined to turn it into a positive, though, and it may be the beginning of a better way of living for you.

I wish you the best.

Tasone,

I'm sorry for the news you've been given. From the looks of things, it seems ALS has taken an awful lot of your relatives.

You have an awful lot to battle. Hope we can be of some assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back