Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NY
City
Massapequa
My beloved Mother, "Mickey", left us unexpectedly in her sleep last Sat., Oct. 30, 2010, in the early morning hours. We did not know she was going so soon. We had a big weekend planned for her, seeing lots of friends, etc. .....She had been eating less and drinking less, but she was still swallowing and breathing with the b-pap. She had a good week, had visitors, seemed to be in good spirits, we laughed together just days before. But she was tired, really tired, the last two days. She was only able to move her head, but as I said, could still visit, laugh, watch tv, eat. But i guess her heart and body had enough. It was so awful to watch her the last 2 years, when the disease really began to progress. Prior to her official diagnosis in summer of 2008, she was golfing, skiing, traveling, enjoying her life. She was a very young 72. What I feel is a mix of grief and relief. An all too familiar combination, i'm sure. This site has been wonderful. I have lots of things to share with other families navigating their way through this disease, and when i feel ready, i will post what i have learned.

My beloved Mother, "Mickey", left us unexpectedly in her sleep last Sat., Oct. 30, 2010, in the early morning hours. We did not know she was going so soon. We had a big weekend planned for her, seeing lots of friends, etc. .....She had been eating less and drinking less, but she was still swallowing and breathing with the b-pap. She had a good week, had visitors, seemed to be in good spirits, we laughed together just days before. But she was tired, really tired, the last two days. She was only able to move her head, but as I said, could still visit, laugh, watch tv, eat. But i guess her heart and body had enough. It was so awful to watch her the last 2 years, when the disease really began to progress. Prior to her official diagnosis in summer of 2008, she was golfing, skiing, traveling, enjoying her life. She was a very young 72. What I feel is a mix of grief and relief. An all too familiar combination, i'm sure. I am thankful that she died in her sleep, because she feared what might be in store for her at the end. Now she doesn't have to be afraid, and wake up each day facing ALS. This site has been wonderful. I have lots of things to share with other families navigating their way through this disease, and when i feel ready, i will post what i have learned.

I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes.. the feeling of combined sorrow and relief is well known. Please take some time to take care of you now.

I am so sorry for your loss! Glad that she went peacefully. Take care

Very sorry for your loss. Glad to hear it was peaceful. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless you.

so sorry for your loss.love wanda and glenxoxoxo

I'm very sorry for your loss... and feel her leaving as she did was such a blessing. Prayers and a big hug,
Ann

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother. Take some solace in her peaceful passing and that she is now free.

John

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.God Bless you & your family
Sharon

So sorry for your loss.

AL.

so sorry to hear of your moms passing. I pray God's comfort over your family at this time. Yes, maybe in time your experinace will be a great resource to others but for now you need rest and keep enjoying your life.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom.

I am very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to see vibrant, alive people go down so fast but her spirit is now free. My condolences to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back