Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
IL
City
Divernon
Marion Catherine Yancey, Catie, was granted her angel wings on August 22, 2010. Her final days were spent surrounded by her children and grand-children who Catie touched in many remarkable ways throughout her memorable life.

Catie’s life would seem too short to many, but those who were touched by her understood that her quality of existence far exceeded the quantity of time she spent with us. Catie was 65 years old when she joined the rest of the angels in heaven. Her lively smile, twinkling eyes, and outgoing personality brought love and much joy to her family and friends.

Throughout her struggle with ALS she showed us all such courage and hope and reminded :cry:us of the preciousness of life. Catie was an amazing woman and her top priority was her family. She raised 6 strong children and they were all the light of her life. She instilled grace, dignity and strength to them. The same way she handled any situation that arose in her life. She loved to spend time with her family and friends. She enjoyed sitting on the front porch of her West Virginia home, watching her grandchildren play and conversing with friends. Catie spent most of her free time sewing and quilting special keepsakes for everyone she loved.

We would like to thank everyone for their Prayers and Thoughts tha...t you all have sent our way. Thank you so much again,

I would like to send a special thanks to everyone on this website. Because of this site linking me to all of the wonderful and amazing people here, had helped make this incredibly difficult journey with my mom and family one that I feel honored to have been a part of.

Your mom sounds like a wonderful person. i am so sorry to hear of her passing. may God comfort you all during this time.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. May God comfort your heart at this time.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's death. I know it is hard. I lost my mother a year ago. Like my mother, your mother sounds like she was a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She will be badly missed and sounds like such a lovely woman.
Ann

deeply sorry for your loss. such beautiful words for a wonderful woman. may your heart find peace.

I'm so sorry to learn of your mom's passing. It sounds like she was a very special woman. You and your family have been real troopers and I hope as time passes what you all will remember are the good times and fond memories made together.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother, Catie. I'm sure she appreciated all of your loving care and support to her during the illness. You helped make a huge difference in your mother's quality of life. Thank you for all you did!

I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, I lost my Mom when she was 67 & that was way to young,Just keep her memory alive & that will help.God Bless all your family.
Sharon

Sorry for the loss of your mom.

AL.

so sorry to hear of your loss. May the happy memories you made together help you through this sad time.

sorry for your loss of you mom.love wanda and glenxoxoxo

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. I think it is wonderful that you and your family can reflect back on tangible ways that your Mom touched your lives. That will make her live forever and is a wonderful legacy that she is leaving behind.

I am sorry sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I hope you can take solace in knowing her last days were spent surrounded by her loving family.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back