Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
RI
City
Coventry
This will be my 4th EMG so it's less than shocking by now. It may be my imagination but my fasciculations seemed to have slowed a bit. Today I did 18 minutes with ease on a recumbent bike at 1/2 resistance followed by about 5 minutes of walking with a 10 lb dumbbell in each hand. I also can heel walk, toe walk and heel toe walk. Not so good at the heel toe walk but not bad considering it's always worse in the evening. I keep reminding myself that I've been an inert object for the last 7 years and a semi vegetable for the last 4 because of my spinal problems. Given that plus my age (73) I'm hoping that my muscles are balking because they are being asked to do some work. Hopefully my neurologist after reading my EMG will be able to provide some answers. I already know I have diabetic neuropathy and maybe that's all. Tomorrow I hope I can apologize to the good people of this forum for taking up their valuable time.

Take care.

I think, at 73,you are doing terrific and going to make a comeback from your vegetative state.Hopefully, the results of your EMG will show your improvement.Fibs and psw(denervation) are always frightening on an EMG. All the people on this forum diagnosed with ALS have experienced that, but they will also tell you it does not mean you have ALS.
They give me strength to "limp" the line everyday and I very much cherish them.
They have never let me down, always lifted me up.I am playing a waiting game now.

This is a forum for people diagnosed with ALS/MND and their caregivers. People that may have a potential diagnosed of mnd are here too, and provide a lot of insight, and facts for researchers
so that one day, real real real soon,there will be a halt to the needless suffering caused by this devastating disease.I believe the more people involved in any research endeavor,the more likelyhood there is of finding that pot of gold we so badly need.It
really only takes one person to bring about innovation.More minds, more innovation.

I'm glad you are here, Archie,and keep on keepin on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back