Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Woodbridge
Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me, on March 8 2010 my Dr. told me I have ALS,what led to this was back in 06 I started having numbness & stiffness in my left index finger which led to my arm & hand becomeing numb and my hand pretty much useless,After a MRI I was told I needed surgury on c4,5,6 in my neck had that done in 08, laid in bed for the rest of 08, because everytime I go out I'd feel worse, in August 09 I felt a little better and started going out and driving which I did till December, I kept calling my Dr about how I wasn't improving he finaly sent me for a EMG, had that done was told it wasn't normal, I got fedup with my Dr, and found one at VCU that said he would find out what was wrong,he did a EMG & lumbar puncture.The lumbar was normal but the EMG wasn't,which led to him telling me I have ALS,in March I was told my progression was slow,about 3wks ago I was trying to pull something out of my closet,since then everything has gotten worse in a hurry,I don't get the fatigue I read people talking about, my arms,hands,and chest get number and sometimes I loose feeling in my left hand and its only been late this year my right arm & hand are getting affected,my legs seem to come & go,I guess I'm wondering if any of you have any thing simular to what my symptoms are or could this be something else .Sorry for draging this out.

Hi APL55
First off, I am very sorry for all you are going through. I'm sending much love your way.

That being said, I have no answers but I am anxious for replies to your question. I keep reading on here that ALS doesn't start with sensory issues. Your numbness sure sounds sensory to me. We'll see what the experts have to say.

Amye

Hi amyecpa.
Thanks for relpy, This stuff is driving me nuts,seems the last couple of days more things are going wrong. I don't know what symptoms are linked to ALS and which are not, like when I sit up it feels like somebody is sitting on my shoulders & my arm's and hands gone numb & tingle,my chest also gets tight & sometimes I get headachs, I have a list of things that don't make sense to me,but I won't go on. Thanks for listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back