Friend was DX
Country
CDA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
HI, everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the stem cell procedure and ALS?
Does it work and for how long? :sad:

If you use the search feature above and type in stem cells you will find many threads about stem cells. Sorry but most of it is negative. They just don't work yet. If you are told they work, you are being lied to and are about to spend anywhere from 20 to 100 thousand dollars for nothing. Better to send the money to ALS Canada for real research. A friend spent $50K in Tijuana Mexico. He said he felt better for a couple months. He was dead within the year. I don't think they did him much good.

AL.

mayaB,
Wise words from Al,

The words that you can take heart from are.
"They just don't work yet."

I believe one day they will form part of a treatment/ cure along with a combination of other drugs etc, but not just yet.

Trust me when it does happen it will all over the world in a flash.

cheers
Peter

Well, they just did a test patient here in the USA in January where they injected live stem cells from an aborted fetus directly into the spine. They are claiming that has never been done before, (however from my research, yes it has, just not in our country) It is to early to tell how the ALS patient is doing. Stem Cells are still in the research faze. Don't waste your money on any false hope out there. We do have Shane the Pain who went to Monterrey Mexico here on our forum. He has listed how it has done for him. We just gotta try and hang tight until we get some concrete evidence.
Hugs, Blu

Neuralstem has started their stem cell trial here in the states (phase I) and TCA Cellular and Brainstorm are also starting human trials this year. So there may be some hope on the horizon.

Thank you everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back