Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this digresses from the main thread, but I read one survey stating that over 60% of US households have at least one pet. Health care workers who have issues with pets probably shouldn’t be doing home visits.

Welcome back Becky and Matt.

Hello all dear friends and comrades at arms. I just want to say, YES at times we as loving PALS have to draw the probervial "line in the sand" as far as what is acceptible/what is not, acceptible care plans, etc. We have one resident (sweetheart, Springer Spaniel) & 4 cats. OUr home-health agencies were very clear on the screening of caregivers with and pet "issue".

YES ...... in our case we COULD have persued every single medical intervention that our excellent medical insurance would accept/afford. But, (IMO) to what end? "IT" (The Beast) was always
going to win, and the "WIN" would take it's toll as greater & greater suffering. Yes, possibly a longer lifespan, but a better lifespan ....... NO! So, we/I put up the good fight (& I was more than ready and willing to continue this fight), but I am glad neither Dave or I have to fight & pretend any longer. There was no good to this end, and we both knew that going in. BLESSINGS and a world full of support and love going out to all of you going thru this fight!

Hi Becky,
Glad to hear you are finally home and also figuring things out with Matt’s meds.

We’ve got two large, energetic dogs. Since we started having helpers I have always been concerned about making them comfortable with the dogs, and we’ve been lucky most everyone that has come around has really liked them. I don’t know what I would do if someone tried to tell me I had to shut them up while they were here to work. Good on you for standing your ground and sending her away! I am such a dog person, I can hardly imagine letting anyone who doesn’t like dogs take care of my husband. The dogs are family and they bring us so much joy and comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back