Woke Up - Air Hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, I haven't been on the forum for the past few weeks and so was trying to catch up when reading your post. I can't tell you how much I thank you for sharing. Steve is also starting to have some air hunger issues. I also want to let you know that you have been so inspiring the past two years I have been coming here. The love you have for your wife is so beautiful. I wish you strength and peace.

Thinking of you Pete, you are our hero.

How are you doing today Pete? Been thinking of you a lot xxx

Ditto Tillie.....thinking about you Pete and wondering how your doing.

That makes three of us. Praying for you Pete

Hugs,

Sue

Things are about same. taking a little more morphine now as needed. hospicenurse out today outlook not so goodbut we will keep doing what we can to love each other.

thank all of you

Hugs to you and your wife Pete.

Ahhhh Pete....you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. This is your journey....be comfortable. It is an amazing, crazy journey. You continue to inspire many with your sharing. Thank you for all you do.

I so agree that this is totally your journey - just be with your wife, talk to us as you can (check your tree though!) and fill every moment you can with the love you both share because that is the only thing of value in this life anyway! many hugs

yesterday i started getting severe oain in my hamstrings - both left and right. it woke me up at 3am. hospice has no idea. can morphine, co2 retention or constipation be the cause? suffering a lot this morning between that and headache. morphine taking the edge off but still there/

Hang in there pal! Started calling this nightmare the " disease of discomfort " just when one miss hap quits another flares up.

I go round and round between nasal drip,mucus, hamstring pain,neck pain, no sleep, crotch rot, air hunger,wrist knee pain ,on and on.

Guess it's a nightmare but also weird blessing.

Pete my prayers are still with you and your wife. Not sure about your question, but make sure you are still getting enough fluid, and if you can get some pedilyte in there that can help with cramps as well.

Hugs,

Sue

I'm not sure about that particular pain either, but it could be CO2 or even O2 related, or even that with all that is happening you have stored some serious tension there. Chally seems to relate some similar stuff.

I so hate this beast. Love you heaps Pete, right there with ya in whatever way I can be. Love knowing your cat is there beside you too.

Pete,

It might be cramping from lack of fluids. I understand the pain aspect of this disease and don't know why some experience it early on, like us, and others never experience it. Can you get your wife to massage your hamstrings with coconut oil and take some extra magnesium? Those things seem to help me when the pain gets bad.

You and your wife are in my prayers, Pete.

Thank all of you for your recomendations. i am extremely familure with the pain from cramps, spasms, etc.. this pain is entirely different. it is the most excrutiating pain i have ever felt. it is as though my bones are rotting from the inside out. it is every muscle from my rear to my ankles. on a pain scale of 10 it it a 10million. it started 4 days after starting the morphine. i am at a loss and unable to sleep. the nurse wants me to take more morphine but i am not sure if it is whats causing the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back