Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
OK
City
Cleveland
My PALS is using his trilogy all night now. He has a humidifier hooked to it as well. Previously the humidifier was never plugged in but I now have it plugged in since it's winter and the air is drier with the heat, I thought it may help with dryness and cold feeling air.

He also has a new full mask. Since we have made the changes, quite a bit of water is getting into the tubing and making noise.

When I hold the tubing up, the water goes back into the humidifier and the noise stops until it builds up in the tubing again.

Any ideas on what the issue is? Humidifier turned too high maybe? It was on 3, then 2 and it still did it. I have now turned to 1 but not sure if it's still doing it as I left for work.

Too much tubing hanging too low? Idk?

I don't know what I would do without this forum!

Do you have a heated hose?
If not, try wrapping the hose with something to insulate it.

The warm air from the humidifier condensates in the tube if it is cooler than the air running through it.

Steve has had so many issues with water getting in the mask. We bought a sleeve that goes over the hose which helped a little. The tubing should be high enough so that it is above Steve. They so make tubing with a water trap and heated hose. Steve had so many issues and want sleeping so we finally are getting a humidifier with a heated hose and water trap. The cold air and water coming from his current set up that he doesn't sleep more than a couple hours. We also have to keep the house pretty warm.

We have the same problem, but it's different every night so I can't predict where the setting should be. I asked the company about the water trap and was told they normally use that with invasive ventilation, but they did send me the insulated sleeve to put on the hose. We'll see if that does the trick before pushing harder.

We only started having more issues after the weather got colder. We turned up the heat in the house but he still had issues. If he doesnt use the humidifier its to srying for him. After countless research and calls to the equipment company it has been decided that he needs the bi-pap that has the heated coil hose with water trap. We did wrap a heating pad around the hose and it helps but that's not a long term solution.

Steves issues are also very different per night. He cant sleep all night and wakes up several times a night to clean out his mask and or get water. He has had earaches, tooth aches and the problems stem from the cold air from hose. His water in the humidifier is hot.

Hi Deb,
My husband Phillip has the trilogy as well and it seems to work fine. Which company you guys got this from?.
From all the services the one thing I don't have a complaint is the "respironic" which is the company that have provided the trilogy and the service to us.
They visit often and check the settings and bring all the equipment on a very timely manner.
Do you go to the Houston Methodist clinic? The pulmonologist at the als clinic is very good and she only works with this company.
I hope this help.
Adriana

I called my RT and he is bringing the Trilogy stand with him this month. He is also checking into a heated hose and drain. So far, I've had no problems getting what I need. My big problem is getting used to it. I can still sleep on my back with no problems but I want to get used to it ASAP.

We also requested the stand. It's weird...sometimes he soent have to much problem but with climate changes we can't seem to get it right. We have done so much research on this issue and the equipment company is now helping. Think the heated coil hose will help. Sooner, hope you can get worth the equipment company and get yours resolved.

Ok we use a heated sleeve that has its own power plug in. It solves all condensation problems. When my pals awakes I will find out the brand name. We use it even in summer. Without it, we get condensation in the mask.

The more tubing, the more condensation is possible...a shorter hose, in addition to everything else suggested, may help.

Aussie, that would be wonderful. We have not been able to find one.

Thanks guys! We got the new trilogy, trilogy stand and humidifier today for Apria. It has a different type of hose and humidifier so we will see how tonight goes.

We also got the hospital bed today so hopefully he will sleep well tonight. We shall see.

That's great Soonerwife. Hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back