Reason
CALS
Country
Uni
State
Pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
I am a CALS, and my PAL does not have any insurance. I am looking for a Trilogy. Please let me know if you have one to sell or donate.

thank you so much,
Anu

Obviously, that will not be his only need. I would contact the Philly ALSA, which has a couple of social workers, for help applying for Medicaid or whatever benefits are available in your particular situation. Likely they can help you source a BiPAP meanwhile.

Best,
Laurie

Obviously, that will not be his only need. I would contact the Philly ALSA, which has a couple of social workers, for help applying for Medicaid or whatever benefits are available in your particular situation. Likely they can help you source a BiPAP meanwhile.

Best,
Laurie

thanks Laurie, i have and they currently don't have anything. I am hoping to buy a newish, trilogy if i can find one.

Bemes (also rents) and dotmed have Trilogies (Astrals and Stellars also have internal batteries and are also options) from time to time. They are less often seen aftermarket than BiPAPs without internal batteries, which can be found at secondwind. On the Web, you can typically buy an external battery + BiPAP for less than a Trilogy.

But why does your husband not have insurance? And if he is just starting BiPAP, likely he only needs it at night, meaning you do not need to go into the NIV category yet? Perhaps you can get a cheaper BiPAP to tide you over while you get some coverage?

The deal with the trilogy machines is they are supposed to be taken apart and disinfected between users and at certain milestones. Millenium respiratory services, based out of NJ offers free machines and supplies to those who cant pay the rental cost. They will ask for financial info but will let you have a machine for free or whatever you çan pay. We paid $30 a month for 2 machines and a cough assist with supplies and montjly checks. They offer 24/7 help and will come out at night if they cant talk uou thru an issue over the phone.

Try state groups for als, grants thru alsa and mda,etc.

thank you Laurie and Gooseberry for your wisdom. I will look at the options you suggested. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back