CALS Roll Call Continued

Deb,
Click on the forum that you want to post in (use the links at the top of this page), then use the dark blue New Thread button at the upper left.

Deb, it was in a thread called "Ugly cry is creeping" but I think it deserves a new thread.

5 minutes til Wednesday...so giving all ya'll a leg up for midweek. Stay strong and stay positive. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help. Try to do something for yourself each day...keep your sanity, you'll be needing it. Have a good week guys!!
tc

It's Wednesday again. I had a very rough week last week. I am hoping things get better soon as I started some meds a couple of weeks ago.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there.

sooner wife - hugs to you. Meds generally take a few weeks to start working completely, be kind to yourself in the interim. Praying you are feeling better.

Life here is still going well, all things considered. We are trialing a different brand of eyegaze this week. This one will actually read his eyes, so he can use that or the switch like with the Tobii. He seems to like it, just have to learn new software. Kind of like windows vs. mac. As for me, since I am now sleeping I rearranged my schedule and I'm getting to water aerobics a few times a week. So therapeutic. I'd recommend it for any CALS, if a) they like water/swimming and b) they have the ability to get out for a bit.

Hang in all

That sounds wonderful Narrowminded. Getting some exercise and getting a little break.

Checking in and I am sure we all know how my week has been. I will do my best to post my soaps within the next few days. I want Tillie to see her Koala soap and there are several other soaps. I always make enough for gifts and have spent a lot of hours making them. I would love to make sure to sgare them.

I have kept up with all the posts as at times its all I can muster up My thoughts and gratitude are always with you all.

Stay Strong!.

Hi all. I've been trying to catch up, but so much has been going on... I wish that I could be more supportive now. I just don't have the time or energy to participate as much as I' like. We went to clinic yesterday and I think I'll do an update in a seperate thread. I was able to get away again over the weekend to meet an old friend who was in Baltimore for a conference. Had a great time and came home to a husband who missed and appreciates me. For that I am extremely grateful.

becky

Hi All, I have had my daughter and two sisters come and help with starting to pack boxes for our big move at the end of June, we have been very blessed with our wonderful helpers this past 6 months. Our floor sanding man started on Wednesday and should be finished by the end of next week and I can't wait to see how our Jarrah boards come up once they are polished. I do plan on putting some pics up but want to do some side by side befor and after pics. BJ is happy and has had a few laughter sessions, much better than the crying. He has a wonderful laugh and it brings a huge smile to my face. I'm off to a quilting camp from Monday to Friday next week and BJ will be in respite, we are having a few starting problems with our car which is now at the mechanics, I hope to get it back tomorrow as we are going to visit our other Daughter on the weekend. We tried using a pregnancy body pillow last night for BJ which worked well for about 5 hours before we had to change back to his old pillow...let the pillow dance begin.
Luv and hugs to you all.
Gem Xxxxx

Hello! Well I well and truly missed Wednesday. Here it is Sat!!! What a week. I nearly lost my PALS on Wed so I seemed to have lost a few days. I will post in another thread,but lets just say,thank heavens for alarms,...... Our puppy (10 months old) decided to jump on my PALS whilst he was in bed. She knocked off his breathing tube in all her love for him. I luckily heard the alarm as I was weeding just near a window in the house. My darling was too weak in the arms to fend her off. We were left very traumatised and shaky. This pup has never been inside before as she is a farm dog ! I must've left the outside door ajar! Just recounting this makes me feel all strange,even now. So now, my new routine ,( or should I say, therapy, ) of weeding just one tub of weeds every morning and night has to go on hold.
We are staying closer to one another whilst we recover. Every day is a challenge !

Wow. Thank goodness for the alarm. I am so glad that he is ok.

WoW Aussie, that was a close call!? That is one of my fears for the future, but in regard to an 11# cat who luvs my hubby. I don't know how all of this will play out (do any of us really - as each course seems different), but I am afraid I will have to keep my honey sequestered behind closed doors when I am not around, because several of our cats love to climb up and park themselves on Dave's chest while he sleeps.

I have been soooooo busy with my part time job, taking care of our property (outdoor maintenance - mowing, weeding, watering, etc.); I'm sorry I have not been here to be more supportive to all who are struggling here. My thoughts are with you all as you struggle with the BEAST called ALS.

Steve actually tripped on our dog Sunday and hurt his foot. Patch (our dog) so loves Steve and has been with us for 15 years. He lost his dog buddy two months ago. Patch has been weird lately and stays by Steve's side and walks right beside him. Steve lost balance and then tripped on the dog. Losing balance is starting to happen all the time and Steve is to stubborn or not reading for the chair.

Buckhorn, you don't need to apologize. We all have so very little time. It sometimes takes me several days to post due to working and all life's responsibilities.

Gem, quilting camp for a week. How wonderful!!! Please post pictures!

Aussie, I'll bet you were traumatized. Wow. The things you never expect....

Buckhorn, I find working outside to be very theraputic. Alas, I've been so busy inside that even the very small veggie patch that I allocated myself this year is suffering. Sometimes it's good to do something other than ALS...

Scared, what kind of dog is Patch? Large enough to help balance Steve? Matt ran over Heidi's tail a few days ago, so she's being extra careful about his chair.

Becky

Almost forgot it was Weds. Becky, Patch is a 15 year old Jack Russell. He is very healthy for his age but not big enough to balance Steve. I think Patch is concerned for Steve so follows him around to keep an eye on him. Poor Heidi. Dogs just love us so much.

I am feeling better this week after two weeks of crying and losing it each day. I had a long talk with my best friend and she made me realize that Steve makes his own choices as to how he wants to deal with the monster. I have to not only respect his choices but learn to deal with the fact that I don't always agree or think he is being safe. I am trying to take better care of my health The past few months I have had as many accidents and have been as sick as Steve and that is not going to help him.

I just want to tell you all how much i appreciate each and everyone of you and because of the wonderful friends here I am given guidance and hope. A very special bunch indeed.

i promise to take some time this week to upload the pics of Koala Soap (LOL).

Back