Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Nc
City
Southern pines
My daddy, is being mistreated and is in desperate need of a nice, good caring facility that can handle his care. He is an ALS acute (has a vent) long term care patient so not anywhere can take him. He is being miss treated where he is now. Today the CEO of the facility he is at was involved and he now has a nurse 24/7 by his side until he finds a place. The other problem is many places are full. He is a veteran and the VA locations are also full. He would like somewhere in NH but I can't find anywhere so next option would be MA. Thank you

Contact the Paralyzed Veterans of America and/or the ALS Association in your area.

Hi, sorry to hear your dad is being mistreated, are you raising a legal case over it?

Maybe you could take care of your dad at home with all the help VA can give to get great care to him?

Here is a link to the VA's ALS policy and list of centers of excellence. The contact office is listed as the VA
National Director of Neurology at 202- 461-7120, whom the policy also identifies as responsible for ensuring access to care for PALS. That might be a good number to call to ask for referral assistance.

WildBill,
I am so sorry! You have great suggestions here so I can only add the Paralized Veteran's advocate in NH was awesome and very responsive : New Hampshire - Paralyzed Veterans of America. Also call the social worker at the spinal cord injury (SCI) clinic at the Manchester VA Hospital. If I recall his name is Paul and he is outstanding as well. I would start with the PVA. In our experience this past summer while in our RV, we received prompt, caring, assistance.
Keep us posted.
Sherry

Lgelb,
Not able to open the Dropbox link on my iPad?

Sherry

Posted the VA doc here, sorry.

Attachments

• VA ALS policy.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,336
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back