Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
North Port
I'm back - EMG done on left side and right arm. He didn't say much other than there is chronic denervation showing at the c7-c8. I understand als has to have more than just chronic, correct?

Doctor still seemed reluctant to point towards any diagnosis

The answer to your question is... yes. Chronic denervation is not near a direct indicator of ALS and chronic denervation can actually resolve itself as an injury or problem heals.

PS. This Thread may get moved back to your original Thread.
*Nope it was closed.
*AND... how did you rocket from your post of 12/28/14 to having an EMG today?
*I think you are jerking the good folks on this Forum around.

Enough Hunter... you have a serious personality (mental) problem that needs professional help ASAP.

I went to see a family neurologist last week and they personally set up an EMG and spinal tap before I had to go back to work next week. I am most definitely not yanking anyone around but I apprecaoate your forwardness

None of this was mentioned in your previous Thread. All this seeming to happen within a matter of days when so many others wait weeks for appointments and procedures . And... a spinal tap too? I've heard of family doctors but not family neurologists. But... I guess anything is possible these days.

Let's see what follows.

Thanks for the reply. Again, I am not yanking anyone. My previous post was dated the 17th. I came home for the holidays on the 19th, saw a neuro down here on the 24th and they scheduled these tests the following week.

I appreciate you answering my original question. We made these appointments expidited because I wanted to get them done around my family in Pennsylvania. I don't have family or any support system in georgia where I work.

Hunter... you've been to a GP, two Neuros, two Orthos, had an EMG, NCS and including 6 weeks of PT before today.
AND now… apparently ANOTHER Neuro and EMG and a Spinal Tap.

You are so fortunate to be able to get home the 19th, see a neuro on the 24th (maybe the 3rd, I've lost track), get an EMG and spinal tap a week later... when so many here go weeks and some months just for the 1st consult visit.

Whatever, if none, of this litany of Neuros (and tests), have mentioned ALS... don't you think you can pretty much let it go now?

Yep. Farewell. I really do appreciate everything AL. Hope you had a good new year

Happy for you

Thanks Nikki when it all comes down to it, if my thumb wasting was being caused by als I'm sure a neuro would have mentioned it. Hope you had a good new year

Feel free to ban me from this forum but I have one more question. If a muscle is atrophied and caused by ALS, it would show both active and chronic denervation along with chronic renervation? My doctor is on vacation and can't access my report. I guess I'm still concerned that chronic denervation, which didn't show in EMG 1, is the early process of ALS.

Again feel free to deactivate this account but I have to ask.

Answer = Yes it would.

You need to be patient, after all it's not like being diagnosed early will give you any advantage as ALS is an untreatable terminal condition.

You've been advised to let this go. Coming back to people who are terminal and saying feel free to deactivate your account seems a very strange way to ask for help.

Don't reply, just move on and get help for anxiety. We've done what we could and wish you the best.

Unknown you said not to respond, but did want to thank you for your reply. Neuro called tonight and the EMG impression was chronic radiculopathy at the c7 c8 level. I'm picking up the report tomorrow for records sake. Tests continue though as my c6 noted atrophy is still unexplained. Didn't show in emg or mri. Brachial plexus mri I believe is next up on the docket and still awaiting lumbar puncture results.

Ever so grateful for your responses take care

Also there wee no abnormalities at the c7c8 level on my mri so it's all so damn confusing

just picked up emg report. Left triceps, FDI and APB revealed some chronic reinnervation changes. I got a 1+ in AMP, DUR and PPP in the FDI, APB, triceps and Ext Dig Comm. The ext dig comm has an N at amplitude and triceps have reduced recruitment pattern. There was no spontaneous activity in terms of fibs, psw, fasc and HF.

Anyone shed light? Neuro is out of town.

Does not sound like ALS. Congratulations. Time to move on
Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back