Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
Today for the first time I lost the use of my left shoulder. I can no longer hold my arm straight out. I fear before long I will not be able to type messages any longer. I wish I could just go instead of being taken piece by piece. This is unbearable.

Neil. I am very sorry. Each loss hurts so much. I don't know what to say. It is very hard but somehow we have to adapt and go on. We are not our ability to run jump walk type talk but it feels like each loss is losing a part of ourselves.
Sending you a big hug.

So very sorry.. every loss seems harder then the last. Do you have or can you get eye gaze and start practicing?

yes I feel like I am losing myself. I dont have eyegaze but I think I will need to get it-is tobii or dynavox better.
I have always been self sufficient and now I wont be able to dress myself soon much less type. Nothing I take seems to slow this monster down.

oh Neil, I'm so sorry, every loss is just so awful, but the big ones like this are just devastating.

I've had a cry for you, I'm having a very teary day today with so many memories.

You will get past each loss, but you have to acknowledge that each loss means grieving all over again.

huge hugs

Today for the first time I lost the use of my left shoulder. I can no longer hold my arm straight out. I fear before long I will not be able to type messages any longer. I wish I could just go instead of being taken piece by piece. This is unbearable.

Moms loss of shoulder motion was really debilitating for her. Be sure someone does range of motion with you daily to prevent stiffness.

Thank you very much Tillie-you hit it right on the head-losing a part of yourself and grieving all over again. Honestly there are days like today where I just dont feel strong enough to take it. And knowing whats in store.... I am truly amazed by those that can maintain a positive attitude through all of this.
Again, thanks Tillie and Nicky.

oh and thanks tiny too

Somehow Neil, together we grieve and keep moving on through.

It is NEVER easy, it is the hardest thing there is. If it was easy we wouldn't be courageous.

xxx

Neil, you have my tears, too. Can't even imagine how difficult it is to keep losing usage of parts of your body. But I do know that the disease can't take away your spirit. You are in my prayers. Hugs. Donna

>yes I feel like I am losing myself. I dont have eyegaze but I think I will need to get it-is tobii or dynavox better.
I have always been self sufficient and now I wont be able to dress myself soon much less type. Nothing I take seems to slow this monster down.

yes, it is a total pisser. I have both the Tobii system and the $2k version the uses my pc. both are pretty good.

I haven't been able to do the dressing or showering bit for a few months. Afraid to go to work 'cause if I have to go to the loo I can;t get my pants back up :-(

oh well, IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ...

Well thanks for that virtual image-can't get it out of my mind now.

>Well thanks for that virtual image-can't get it out of my mind now.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back