Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the 60s today with severe storms coming tomorrow and wednesday. Spring here is like a yoyo. UP and down then one day it gets hot and stays that way.

We got our camper unwinterized this weekend and we are going on our first camping trip of the year in april. We have a different campsite this time. My husband thinks it will be easier for me to get down to the water. I don't care...I will scoot down on my bum to get down to the water. :lol:

lol :lol: your sense of humor got to love it!

If anyone can capture Spring and send it this way, I will be forever grateful. Only in the 30's today and no sight of Spring anywhere. Possible snow this weekend, yuck!

Dana

Hi Dana,
Here in Central Illinois it is currently 72 today and sunny. Our weather has been all over the place in the last few weeks. I hope the warm weather stays. My poor daughter is having quite a time with apparent allergies. That's what the doctor says it is. But, you'd think her eyes would be more red and itching. She just has really bad dark rings under her eyes and a occasional runny nose. But, she isn't sneezing. She's prone to sinus infections but they said that isn't what she has. They told her to take Zyrtec over the counter. We haven't seen much improvement though. Her dad bought some Allegra and we are trying that now. Kim

Alright now you guys are just being mean, teasing me with pictures and telling me what the temperatures are. Well I bet you don't have 3-6" of snow predicted for Saturday now do you ? See how lucky we are !

Dana

No, we have storms with ping pong ball size hail. I really hope it misses us. Funny how we are never happy with our weather. Always wishing for something else and when we get it we still aren't happy. Careful what you wish for.

I filled the bird feeders today and the ground was really mushy from the rain.

I try not to complain too much about the weather but more snow isn't something I am looking forward to. I am not asking for much, just a bit of warmth and sunshine. Dad and I are going to plant the flower seeds in the planters Saturday for my moms garden so maybe that will move spring along a bit faster.
Vicki I hope you miss out on the hail, I will take the snow over that any day !

Dana

Hello All

I am trying a container garden with tomatoes and peppers. It is too hard getting up and down. I will still plant cukes and green beans in the regular garden. I did peppers in containers last year and they did well. I have to get one of my men to turn the garden for me.

I cleaned the garage yesterday and I am paying dearly for that today. But I found the floor in the garage and now I can paint my kitchen cabinets. I also got wall paper for my kitchen. I know the little boy at lowes said they don't carry wall paper because it is out of style. Oh well I like it and got it online. It will probably take me all summer but I will have a new kitchen when I am done. WIsh me luck and lots of energy so I can do it.

Wish I was closer to you Vicki, I would love to go help you! Hugs.

Dana

Thanks Dana, my men will help....and I am sure will have lots of advice. :lol: Going camping in 9 days! Woohoo! I am so ready.

We finally made it to our camper now that there isn't a snow bank in front of it. It looks good inside and not critters made their way in over the winter. Where are you going Vicki ?

Dana

To our favorite lake. DIfferent campsite, my hubby thinks it will be easier for me to get to the water. We went fishing for about an hour yesterday. The water is still cold and I caught one little fish. Still felt good though.

Hi Vicki,
I'm glad your post reminded me. My relatives inherited my great-aunt and uncles lake lot. But, it's in my town and they live in Kentucky. They don't mind if my family goes out there and goes fishing as long as we pick up after ourselves and it is just us that use it. I think I'll take the kids the next weekend I'm off if the weather is nice. I find it relaxing.
My dad was so excited this past summer with a package he got shipped to him. He was so shocked when some of his neighbors from here in Illinois shipped him tomatoes to Texas. He was thrilled. I can believe they made it to him without being damaged. That was so thoughtful of them. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back