Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Don't know how to correct it. When I tapped on it though they came out right side up

that should only happen if you are in Australia ...

Was about 90 today and sunny and humid, now it's storming

Hi Everyone,
Put in at work to be off around the 7th of June to take the kids to see my dad. I can't really afford it but we need to see him so we will make do. I will have more money when we finally get our legal separation over with. He's going to help foot some of the expenses of our trip at least concerning the kids part. So, will manage somehow.
It's gloomy and colder out today. It's 61 and has been drizzling off/on. I'm glad it will be cooler this evening. My apartment has been hot and I don't want to have to run the airconditioner just yet.
It was kind of funny today because I was a little bit mad because it is hospital week and I was supposed to be honored for 25 years of service. They had a cookout today and just handed me a cheap piece of paper with my name on it. I'm thinking "What the hell after 25 years?" Smoke was coming out of my nose because I was so mad. I calmly asked my boss if that is all we get. He said they should be giving you something. I said "I got money at my 20 year mark.'' I'm supposed to be getting a $150 now in a check. They should of said something to us when they handed us our piece of paper that you would give out as a award in preschool. Oh well ! I'm calm again. Kim

>Oh well ! I'm calm again. Kim

:) Good Girl! The era of 10- 20- 25-year celebrations have changed.

Gosh my husband got a desk clock at 5 years. He 8 years in now and this year they started giving bonuses to keep therapists there.

That's a shame Kim about your 25 years. Companies in general aren't what they use to be. No loyalty and appreciation of their employees. I was fortunate to have retired from BellSouth after 32 years. What a great company. At one point we were like one big happy family. Unfortunately things change. So glad you didn't let it get the best of you.

Debbie

>What a great company. At one point we were like one big happy family. Unfortunately things change.

In many ways, that is true of HP today :)

Good afternoon everyone, going to be in the 80's today with a chance of a thunderstorm. Then colder this weekend, in the 60's. I love this weather !

Dana

I guess I should be happy I still have a job at our local hospital. They fired the administrator, personal manager, several department managers, and tons of nurses. My boss is one of the few left standing. I get really good benefits though. Lots of days off. Health and dental insurance. A slight discount on eye care. I also generally like what I do on most days and my co-workers are top-notch. I just think we all get burnt out every once in awhile. Kim

I am having a garage sale at my dad's house tomorrow from 1-7pm and then Saturday Noon-6pm. I gave alot of my stuff away to charity but still have tons of kids stuff. This is probally going to be my last sale if I don't do well. Too much work involved. It is supposed to rain off/on tomorrow so it might now be fun. Saturday, is supposed to be clear though.
This week has been on the long side at work. Guy calls in a whines that he was just seen yesterday for back pain and somebody most of stolen his medicine. Yeah right! We get drug seekers 24/7 here. But, I just passed him on to ER because it isn't my job to deal with him. Kim

>Yeah right! We get drug seekers 24/7 here.

my kind of people living through chemistry! Have any Fingolimod handy? :)

HI All

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been busy. Went to see my doc on thursday and he was quite happy. :sad: I am progressing, no ankle reflexes, changes in gait and not enough muscle strength for his little measuring machine. He is anxious to see where I am at in 5 years.

I am nearly 8 years into this and I worry about what the next 5 years will be. Met with the MDA rep and he asked if I needed any type of equipment and I said not now thank goodness.

Had a day where I was home alone. Those are very rare anymore and I took full advantage. I worked on the garage... there IS a floor in there! Sat on the patio and read my book with a cup of coffee for a while and then trimmed off branches that I could reach from our tree. I am now happily pooped and have been chewed out by my sons and I am sure I will get a lecture from my husband when he gets home.

I will be sore tomorrow and unable to move but it made me happy to be able to do as I please for a change. Sigh....

Hi Everyone,
I was off yesterday and had a garage sale over at my dad's house. It was a disaster because it was freezing cold and kept raining off and on. Today, I did a little bit better but don't know if it was worth all the work going into it. I'm now at work until midnite. A rather long day. My aunt had her two great grandsons with her. Their dad was supposed to come pick them up but they ended up being there the whole time of our sale. They are 6 and 8 and they were hell cats on wheels to say the least. I had one heck of a headache! I buzzed home will quick and got my daughter who I had take them to the park.
Talked to my dad and he had went to my nephew's (Dad's oldest grandkids) last high school baseball game today. He is graduating. Dad said it was kind of sad. Dad always went to all my kids sporting events and school activities when he lived here. He's always been a hands on grandpa.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hope it warms up a bit. Kim

?Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hope it warms up a bit. Kim

Hugs, Kim! Warm is something we never hope for in HOU :)

Attachments

• DSCF0491.jpg
    DSCF0491.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 146
Send your warmth to Canada if you don't need it Max!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back