Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of my best friend Harlee....she is the purdyiest dog on the planet IMO. She is my shadow and is hardly ever more than six feet away from me. When I do errands or doc appointments etc.....she perches on the couch in the front room window and waits there until I return.
Sometimes she feels like a "ball & chain" because I have to entertain her daily...we play a lot of fetch, and she loves to play with balloons and her toys...problem is I have to be there when she is playing, actively participating!
All things considered...she has made my life a little bit brighter in the wake of my progression....I am lucky to have her...she is the dog of my life! The bottom pic is of her mom on Halloween, and one pic has her cat "Dark Angel" in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    501.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC02922.JPG
    DSC02922.JPG
    834.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC02924.JPG
    DSC02924.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 150
  • strut trike project shock caliper harley 018.jpg
    strut trike project shock caliper harley 018.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 138
  • bulldog costume.jpg
    bulldog costume.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 117
>she is the purdyiest dog on the planet IMO

Well, second purdyiest

>The bottom pic is of her mom on Halloween

how undignified :)

Attachments

• DSC_1999.jpg
    DSC_1999.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 167
catching a bug with out touching it. trying to fly kites. not enough wind. they left yesterday to go home. I miss them so very much.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
Thanks for all of the pictures, Harlee is beautiful and I am glad she is such great company for you. I am not going to decide who has the purdyiest babies, just let me say they are all gorgeous!

Vicki, it looks like you are having a great time with the grand babies!

Dana

Dana, we had a fun packed 2 weeks. I am pooped. It was hard to keep up and now I am paying for it. But I loved every minute. They left on saturday and I miss them.

Getting the house in order, I did not do any heavy duty cleaning while they were here so I go t to get caught up. My youngest got hurt at his work last night. Some guy kicked a door open as my son was walking up to it and got his big toe possibly broke. The nail got bent back and it is swollen. We spent 4 hours in E R and told xrays may show more in a few days if it is still hurting. He was told to stay off it for 72 hours.

Happy Monday Everyone,
I am going to have to change my name on here from Skipper to Big Baby. You and everyone else on the planet have been probally heard me whine and whine these last few weeks about my left arm and shoulder pain. Well, I finally got x-rays on Friday of my shoulder and spine. I picked up the radiologist report myself today on my way to work. It says that I have tendinitis of the rotator cuff. I called the nurse practioner first thing this morning and it is now 3:30 and nobody has returned my call yet. I was starting to get paranoid even that something even worse was going on because I never had any pain like this. I was starting to have thoughts of ALS cross my mind even.
I have been pretty busy this past weekend working the soda stand Saturday and Sunday at our annual parish picnic. Brian and I are the chairperson's of the stand. We really lucked out that the rain stayed away and it was overly hot. Several of our workers didn't show up so I worked alot of it. I bet people don't know what to think when I'm supposed to be separated or getting a divorce from Brian and then there we are working side by side laughing and having a good time together. It reminds me of a movie I watched several years ago called Let's Give Them Something To Talk About. I loved that movie.
Mark: I just love the pics of Harlee. If you lived near me I would rush right over and hug on her. She's just beautiful.

Vicki: Sorry to hear about your son's accident. It sounds pretty darn painful. Glad you enjoyed your grandkids but I bet you are worn out.

Have a good week everyone, Kim

>I am going to have to change my name on here from Skipper to Big Baby. ...

Kim, the big baby ... conjures an image, but hard to buy :)

Hi Everyone,
I had a injection done yesterday to try to help with my rotator cuff tendinitis. It hasn't helped me at all though. Couldn't tell that it did anything and couldn't even feel the shot. They said I shouldn't overdue it yesterday because my arm would feel great because it would be numb. It never did get numb for sure and hurt 10x's worse then normal. I am going to give it a few days to see if it starts improving and if not I'm calling them to try something else. It is so irritating.
My dad is supposed to be getting a brand new mini-van through the VA. They said it will probally take anywhere from 2-4 months though. He is hoping it is soon. He is going to have his previous caretaker come pick him up and drive him home for a visit once it comes. He probally won't be able to move back home permanently since he has way better Dr's and care in Texas. But, we probally can manage getting care for a few weeks or a month even. He will turn 80 on Sept. 11th and it would mean so much to him to come home. Thought about having a party for him but he's also a very private person so I'm not sure on that. Going to talk with my brother/sister and my aunt to get some ideas. It's coming up very quick.
This coming up Sunday, July 6th will be the 17th anniversary of my mom's death from colon cancer. So, the 4th isn't my favorite holiday. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with the twins at the time.
My son decided to quit his job the other day and his dad is furious. My son took off with the car the other night and ran away. Luckily, he didn't go far and the police found him asleep in the car in the driveway of my dad's house. It wasn't really late but it was after curfew so he's lucky they didn't take his license away. He's been staying with me the last few nights. Which I like but not the circumstances of it. I wish the job had been just a part-time job. I think he would of liked it better. He just couldn't deal with getting up at 5 a.m every morning. He has a thryoid problem and needs alot of sleep. He's been depressed too for the last year so that doesn't help. I'm torn between feeling bad for him and wanting to kiss his lazy ass. But, I think it's a double standard that his dad expects him to hold down a job and not his twin sister. I am constantly on her case to at least help do something at the house. She's supposed to be cleaning today. She just better be is all I can say. As for our youngest son Eric who is 10 he is still a sweetheart with everything. He is the most even tempered kid I've ever seen. I swear Brian and I came home with the wrong kid from the hospital. He isn't like us at all.

>My son decided to quit his job the other day

boy do I remember those days :). When I was 16 I had two jobs: one was catching turkeys for artificial insemination, had to be up at the job at 11 PM and work until three or four in the morning. However it was worth $1.90 per hour! I was rolling in the dough! the other was what all teenagers who grew up in the Rogue Valley did: smudging, putting oil pots in the orchards and lighting them to keep the young fruit from freezing. I think that was for $1.25 per hour.

Come to think. I'm not sure I paid taxes on all of that revenue. For heavens sake don't let the IRS here about this!

I have to admit I do envy you having the youngsters around the house. When boo went into the 10th grade, I stopped traveling Asia Pac and started working from home so that I would always be there when he came home from school. He would then come to my office and we would review his grades which were then online, and discusses homework. In the 10th grade that was great because he went to our classical education school that was academically very rigorous and I loved helping him with his math problems.

Unfortunately we let him choose if you want to stay at that school or go to the big public school which is where they emphasize lunch as the most academically rigorous activity. He didn't have to write one paper in the 11th or 12th grades. I suppose I sound like a pissed off parent. You'd be right. :-(

I finished this today. It makes me feel like a butterfly ! It is such a hippie thing but I loved it when I saw it and had to make one.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 131
just posting a couple pics from my ride on the Cass Scenic Railway

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 123
>I finished this today. It makes me feel like a butterfly !

very pretty Vicki ii email a nicer resolution or post to FB or cloud and I will show Sandy -- she does stuff like this.

>just posting a couple pics from my ride on the Cass Scenic Railway

great, thanks Dalvin! Any problems?

No, just had to post from my desktop, can't download from my computer to my iPad, the computer recognizes that the iPad is there but can't make the transfer

Max if Sandy likes it I will email to you. You will have explain how to me. Not techy...:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back