Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Sandy
Recently diagnosed at Mayo with PLS. Question tonight is about vision. I get a sensation as y eyes are chattering or shaking. Happens quite often dueling day. I have shown abnormal VER test but not sure if that has anything to do with it. I feel like there is a dark shade around my vision. If I look in mirror eyes don't appear to be moving. Any comments would be appreciated.

This is my experience with vision problems. I had a double vision problem that I was convinced was due to PLS. I also had twitching around my eyes mostly in bright sunlight. My vision neuro had several discussions with my PLS neuro and they determined it was not due to PLS. I had it corrected with surgery and have not had any more problems. The twitching went away.

the only vision problem i have related to pls is depth perception and that is due to the right eye lid wont fully open, sometimes wont open at all. this causes monocular vision versus binoclar vision

Thank you for the insight. Intend to seen my eye guy soon but hoping this to be one of those passing things.

My impression is that having PLS does not result in eye problems in the same way that MS does...there is demyelination of white matter in MS, which results in visual disturbances. However, I've never heard of a direct relationship between PLS and visual disturbances.

Visual disturbances and MS -- certainly.

Mike

I wouldn't know if its related or not, but my eyes are slow to focus and I see double at times if I am tired. I have been wearing trifocals for 10 plus years (since in my early 40's) and have been told that in part, my problem is age. However they (neuro eye doc guy) said that he thinks something else could be the problem that is neurological, but as yet he doesn't know what it is and to come back if there are any changes. That was about 5 years ago and everything is still the same.

I do not see a lot of people my age needing trifocals or having issues with slow focus between near and far images. But I am probably on my own here since I am not seeing others post that PLS effects their vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back