Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made velveta fudge and they liked it but not as much as my regular recipe. The brownies were good but my youngest son did not like them and thats who I was hoping would. He eats no veggies or fruit. I do good to get the v8 fusion juice in him. Oh well...

I'll try that 2-ingredient brownie recipe (cause it can't be easier!) and I trust the recipes here (but it sounds 'crazy' that it works w/o eggs or oil). Love the ability to get pumpkin 'in' a recipe.

Made MP's corn chowder (with a little chopping help :) and it was great. Warming it up tonight. So here's hoping brownies are just as good!

I can't find the progresso stuff for the chowder. Their web site says it's available in Canada, but can't locate a store that actually sells it. I'll buy some in the USA next trip out. I live close by to New York State.

elaine a cream soup might work, like potato or mushroom with added garlic .

Elaine - I didn't have it either. I just put in salt, pepper, garlic, and a touch of cayenne. I also used half and half instead of milk and added about a quarter cup extra of the half and half.

I am enjoying the fruits of my labor. A cup of chocolate mint tea and a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie! YUMMMMMMMY!

Hi Everyone,
I know this is a support forum for ALS so I won't go into great detail. My husband had divorce papers served to me on Wednesday morning at my dad's house where I had been staying. I now have an apartment and am living by myself for the first time ever. To say I'm devastated is putting it quite mildly. I also worry every moment about losing my dad to this disease. I am so scared about everything. Kim

Oh Kim I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. Know we are here to listen and help however we can. Sending BIG HUGS and love your way.

Vicki, if you make mac n' cheese, try putting cooked cauliflower in a blender and mix it in... he'll never notice it!

I use yellow squash in mac and cheese and I put cauliflower in mashed potatoes and carrots in spagetti and spinach in his favorite chocolate cake. Sneaky Sneaky! :rolleyes:

vicki very sneaky! sry to hear about ur troubles kim. helen snowed in?

While enjoying my quiet sunday morning with my coffee and the tv remote, I also made our camping reservations for june! I can already smell the campfire, smores and hotdogs! I am imagining the big fish I am going to catch or my big fish story I am going to tell! OH yes, camping! Yipeeeeeee!

If I could be anything in the world I would want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips." -Author Unknown

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
― Anonymous

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day tomorrow! :D

Went to see my dad last night. He is doing pretty good. I am torn because I want to see him but don't know how to hide all my pain from him. I am actually getting physcially sick with everything. Valentine's day used to be my favorite holiday and tomorrow is going to be unbearable to me. I know my husband is still alive. But, it still feel like a death. Hope the rest of you are having a good week. You're in my prayers. Kim

Kim

It is okay to grieve, it is normal. You should tell your dad the truth, because he will pick up on your saddness. Let him comfort you, because you are his little girl no matter how old you are. It might give you both some comfort. You are in my prayers and I wish you peace. HUGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back