Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP - that sounds delicious and as it's a throw-it-all-in-a-crockpot meal, I can probably do this. I think we'll just have bacon next weekend and I'll gt the 1/2 lb of bacon cooked and chopped by someone else! :). I think I can still cube potatoes. Thanks! (I have chopped carrots in the freezer already.)

Cervus, I'm so sorry that your Mom is having trouble adapting to her new living arrangements

MP, the chowder sounds good! I'm adding it to our queue.

Hi Everyone,
My dad went out of town to a bigger VA clinic then ours last week to get his bi-pap machine adjusted. They did a pulmonary function test and probally some other tests. Anyway, his lungs and breathing were still very good. VA doctor said he doesn't need to use his bi-pap yet at this time. But, they got it adjusted for when he needs it.
I am currently living at my dad's due to some issues at my home front. I'm not going in to detail on here. But, if anyone is willing to say some prayers for me I would greatly and I mean greatly appreciate it. My anxiety level concerning my dad has lifted a little since I am there seeing exactly what is going on from day to day. He is doing so-so. You really never can gauge too much with this disease. Hope this week is good for you all. Kim

Cervus, I'm sorry your Mom is out of sorts where she's at... hope you're not feeling guilty.

MP, I may just try that recipe...

Skipper, good news about your Dad... sorry to hear that you're still struggling... hang in there hon.

hi all practicing with my eyegze. definate learning curzde. glad i have time before its a nessicity

hi all practicing with my eyegze. definate learning curzde. glad i have time before its a nessicity

Woohoo MP. That's great. Gaze away!

Looking good, MP!

I just looked at the blogs and went to one listed as a best entry. It was written by Sr. Sharon (Sequoia). It was a prayer to God called "I Never Gave It A Thought. It is beautiful and I encourage all to read it. Kim

Hi all,

I've been gone a week, feels like forever. My mom had open heart surgery and I went and stayed at the hospital with her and my dad. Alls well. I missed everyone here. You'll have to catch me up.

wow vicki, glad your mom is ok. just trying to stay one step ahead of the weather

Thanks Mary Pat. We had snow flurries and BIG wind all the way home (2 1/2 hour drive). SOOOOOO glad to be home.

Glad your mum is OK, Vicki.

My goodness Vicki. That must have been an ordeal for your Mom. How old is she? Is she recovering at home or in an in-between rehab centre? Are you OK?

She is 71, and is doing really well. She is at home, they talked rehab at first but she did so well they were comfortable with her going home. My dad will help her and they have a nurse coming in 3 times a week and I will do the cooking. I am fine other than being totally exhausted. That was the longest week of my life. The hospital was so big and we would walk from the hotel to her room. The hotel offered a shuttle service but the driver was a crazy driver and the seat belts in the van did not work.

I am at home now and plan on resting tomorrow. My legs are a twitching, cramping mess, not to mention my feet wanting to one way and my hips the other. I sure after some rest it will be better. Thanks for asking. Hugs.

So glad that all went well with your Mom's surgery. Recovery is so much easier at home. Wonderful that you're nearby and can be of help to them. Now take care of yourself and allow some time to restore and refresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back