Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are 'on it', Vicki! I see where you're surfing all over this forum, just like all the rest of us. It is becoming an addiction, but I think a good one. They people who were savvy enough to start this forum are to be commended! Looking back, I see posts from '08, maybe even earlier than that.

Anyway, I agree, the outdoors are hard to beat. As we become more and more housebound, each outing becomes that much more special. We are still getting out a good bit right now, but can see the time coming when it won't be so easy. That eagle sighting reminded me of the very cool bald eagle my wife and I saw while on a small lake in northern Wisconsin a few years ago. We have a protected area down here in TN. on the Reel Foot Lake in west TN., where there is now a good population of bald eagles that can be viewed in birding trips managed by the Audubon Assoc. Of course, the locals down there see them all the time, but we live in Nashville. So here we have the red tail hawks, great blues and occasionally, I'll see an osprey on the rivers.

More later,

Hang tough,

Steve

Yep, this forum has been a life saver for me. I get to talk to great people from all over who understand what I am going through. I can be sad or mad and vent my frustration without hurting my family.

My hubby and I see all kinds of birds while fishing, ducks, geese, hawks, swallows, and cranes, I get my bait stolen alot beccause I am watching the birds instead of my fishing pole. :lol: :lol:.

carp man meself , vicky....nothing like the knock on the line to get the heart pumping...hand held rod, no alarms for me and just the one rod.......thats a fair battle in catching these crafty creatures....probably why my biggest fish was only 15 pounds,,,missed plenty of bites...put em back with a kiss...brill......aint been for ages...gonna av to put that right..johnny..

WE have some lake carp where we go fishing that are 3-31/2 feet long. I don't want to catch one that big. It would pull me in the lake. Even when I catch a 3or 4 pound catfish it makes my arms shake. But I won't stop until I can't hold the fishing pole anymore.
We have caught smaller carp at the lake where we going camping at and they do put up a good fight.
Yes, Johnny fishing is one of my favorite mood lifters, along with chasing my hubbyy through the house, although he doesn't run far!

Hi everyone, okay Vicki I think we jinxed Tony and made Jimmie win with all of our trash talking! Helen, the buffalo pot pie turned out great, very yummy. Hope everyone has a good day.

Dana

Yea, I got egg on my face for the trash talking. BOO HOO! :roll: :sad: But there is next week!

You are right, he can't really do any worse can he ?

Well he won on saturday. But no he can't do any worse than sunday. I will cross me fingers and toes.

i have been lucky to see a bald eagle while out on the lake. my hubby does the fishing i just soak up the sun. he used the porch lift to load my scooter on the pontoon so we could take off and explore.

Aren't they beautiful? I so enjoy being out by a lake. We don't have a boat, I asked my husband and he said he can catch fish with his feet on the ground so I never asked again.

I liked your music choice in Al's sandbox Mart Pat, both songs are favorites of mine.

Last edited:
We used to go up to Center Hill Lake, usually to the Hurricane Mills boat ramp/camping area. We'd swim and grill burgers or whatever and enjoy the day there, it was great! Sadly they shut some of our State Parks down, and this was one of the fatalities. We haven't been now in years. But one of our fondest memories of that place is a scarlet tanager that we spotted on our last visits. We were able to watch it for several minutes, before it finally flew out of sight. That is the only time either of us have ever seen one of those in the wild. One the way home that evening, headed back west toward Nashville on the lovely and scenic I-40, we were treated to one of the most awesome sunsets either of us had ever seen. It was like a giant red ball, glowing just above the horizon. You don't see too many quite like that around here. That was one of those magical days.

The lake we going camping at is called Pomme De Terre ( apple of the earth). It is a state conservation lake ran by corp of engineers. There is no commercial anything there except the state marina. The water is clear and you can see the bottom unlike a local lake called lake ozark which is commerical everywhere and is filthy.

We used to go camping for the 4th of july and they would put on a fireworks show over the lake.. really beautiful. We haven't the last couple years because by then it is too hot for me and that is the most crowded time to camp and the showers would run out of hot water.

Everyone likes this lake and you have to make reservations 6 months in advance to get a choice spot. I am so ready to go camping. Some of our best memories are while camping. The boys have taken friends with us and they love it. Ahhh.... only 4 more months to wait.

The sunsets and sunrises are spectacular. At night we would take a walk and look at the stars. There aren't lights out there and the stars bright.

I just tried a new recipe I got out of a free cook book by sunmaid raisins. Apricot coconut macaroons. They were so easy and they are soooo good.

2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped dried apricots
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/8 tsp salt.

Mix, drop by tablespoonful on greased cookie sheet, bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degress.

I've already eaten 2!

Wowzer! They must be good! Maybe we'll have to try 'em!

We don't have a much 'Big Sky' as y'all do, too hilly around here. But, we do still get some awesome sunsets and sunrises. Those things are hard to beat.

Good morning everyone, please pass the macaroons. I think they would go well with my tea.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back