Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its funny how all the Tv shows are promoting having Oscar parties... trying to make it as big as the Superbowl? Does anyone here have an Oscar party?

No the oscars have never interested me. I like movies but dont care about the awards. Some of the picture of the year movies I have never liked. I guess I am odd. I am more of the block buster type movie watcher. Having an all male family I watch alot of the batman, thor, ironman and star wars, star trek. :rolleyes: I get to watch some chick flicks usually when my husband goes to work on sunday. I like the oldies too, Doris Day Rock Hudson, John Wayne, and cary Grant, alfred Hitchcock.

Helen, I have hosted a few in the old days and have attended some Oscar night parties. It's fun, but in my world, decidedly a chick event. We discussed the fashions mostly. Ate fancy hors d'oeuvres and drank bubbly wine.

Any reason is a good one to have a few friends over!

My husband gave me a ride home from work Thursday night when we had a snow storm with some sleet. He then walked up and picked up my SUV and put it in our double garage for the night. I don't have a garage at my current apartment. I don't know if he was worried so much about me or the car. Not sure what is going to happen with the hubby at this time. We treat each other better now being separated then we ever did in the almost 20 years we've almost been married. It's weird. Just taking it one day at a time.
The Oscars were a big deal in my family growing up. My mom and dad owned movie theatres in our town and even a drive-in theatre for awhile. My mom and dad took the Academy Awards really seriously in hope that the pictures that they had booked in would win best picture. They seemed to have alot better movies a few years back. My mom got to meet her favorite actor Paul Newman one year on a train when they were on their way to a movie convention.
Hey Ladies! Do you all remember my Magic Mike party? Do you think it will win best picture? lol Have a good weekend everyone. Kim

Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder. Sometimes they don't know what they have until it is gone. Have you ever thought of counseling? Somtimes couples don't know how to have a healthy argument and survive it. I hope I am not over stepping bounderies. Some times it takes alittle distance to put things in prospective. I am hoping the best for you. ((((Hugs)))).

You aren't overstepping your boundaries Vicki. We are probally going to seek some type of mediation at least. I've also met twice with our parish priest and my husband has met with him once. Both of us like him and he has agreed to give us counsel if we want it. So, I'm hoping my husband will go for it. In the meantime doing alot of praying. Kim

Sweetheart I am praying with you.

Oh man Tony Stewart is wrecked in daytona 500 :sad: Well now rooting for Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt jr or Mark Martin.

So sad, here I was trash talking Jimmy Johnson and the closet fans and he wins the race. I guess I am the one with egg on my face. Poo :sad:
Congrats closet fans.

I started to watch the Academy Awards last night but fell asleep before they got over. Found them pretty boring this year. George Clooney is my idol and I thought he looked like a mess last night. Which is quite unusual for him. My dad enjoyed watching it and all the beautiful woman in their pretty dresses he said. lol My dad also likes too watch a show called Antique Road Show. Any of you watch it? I occasionally like to watch a show when I catch it on with Betty White called Off Your Rocker. It is so funny the pranks they pull on people.
Have a good week everyone. Remember, laughter is the best medicine. Kim

I like the antique road show, my sister and husband got tickets. They went to Corpus Christi (8 hour drive) and had some things appraised but they did not get on tv, they won a t shirt. The items they took did not make them rich either. They had a good time.

I also watch Downton Abbey, so sad the season is over already. I don't pay alot of attention to tv, my hubby does the channel surfing thing. He did not do it during antique road show or downton abbey I'd have to have hurt him.

You have a good week too. Hugs.

Smart man, Vicky!

It took a few love taps for him to learn.

Totally off the subject. Just wondering if any of you have ever seen (and heard) the Sand Hill Cranes come in for a landing? My wife and I went last year, on my birthday, to the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge in east TN. (near Chattanooga) to observe them in their annual migration. Those are some awesome birds! They fly higher than any other and travel a longer migration than almost any other. You can hear them long before you can see them, when they are coming in. Then, gradually, they start to appear. Gliding like big transport planes down toward the ground, finally landing on those long legs quite gracefully, considering it's on dry land. We also had the good fortune to catch them in '06 while on a road trip through Nebr., where they landed on the Platte River near Carney. That was a sight to see, and something to remember.

No, there's noting in my tea....wish there was!

No I haven't, but a couple years ago fishing with my hubby we saw a bald eagle sitting in a tree across from us. It was really pretty. Then another time we saw a black swan again while we were fishing. It was all by its self and the lake was perfectly calm. We see amazing things while fishing, I guess thats why I like it so much.

When I was a girl living in alaska we never went anywhere with binoculars, we would look up into the mountains and see sheep, moose, and eagles all the time.

I was chased by a black bear at a girl scout outing once. We were eating hamburgers walking through the woods (not very smart). Once we realized he wanted the hamburgers we threw them at him and he stopped to eat. We kept running.

I love the outdoors and nature. I think thats when I am happiest outdoors with my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back