Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese.....I have two! My ninth grand baby...Avery Jane...arrived and we got to go see her. While we were there I got to meet my friend Linda in person. We had the best visit!

Whine.....Still no cure for ALS!

Judy

Judith, how wonderful new babies are... pictures please!

Congrats Judith.
Wow 9!
Is the kids Christmas dinner table larger than the adult table now?

Skipper, Sorry if you thought I was being cruel. Here is a copy of my PM I sent.

Sorry
I did not mean to offend you, however, your marriage problems nerd to be kept off of here in my opinion. You have told several times the story of abuse, yet you stay. I do not understand why you keep bringing it up.

AND for those interested: Type this in your computer and EVERY post you have ever made shows up:

site:alsfourms.com and your user name! for example site:forums.com sadiemae

Last edited:
wow thanks lori! very good info/ warning

It's definitely matter of people being about to stalk you... insurance companies and ex's...

I come here yesterday to post not so much a whine but in the end lotsa cheese!

For those whose pwc's have the head ar ray: After waiting almost 9 months, my 400 pound baby was delivered without complications. Said baby became a useless item, no longer providing me the pleasure of its company. The 5000 dollar head ar ray stopped working, returning me to either the bed or the old black ford (husband calls the new wheels my BMW). A call to Dave, my D M E, and about 5 days later, comes with tools in hand.

Now, it really isn't useless as there are attendant controls on the back of the chair. But that means you are not in control, they are. Not too, bad but easier to use manual chair. Well Dave fixes in less than 2 minutes. Apparently, SOMEONE, flipped a little switch turning off my controls. The attendant switch was off (a good thing), but its important to have my switch in the right direction, also.

So, for all you togglers, when you upgrade to the head ar ray, check the switch. I can honestly say, "I didn't do it!"

Oh Toto! In the same vein of helpful admissions. :oops: I have had the entire house in a panic before when I couldn't connect to the internet with my notebook. They have checked the other computers, the router, the phone line, the phones. Then they have checked the setting on my notebook (I have no idea what that involves but it seem to take a good while) only after 40 minutes to discover that I must have it the f12 button and turned off the wifi myself. Problem solved with the pressing of one button.

Hahaha. One of my kids hit the F-8, I think, and locked the keyboard. Thought it was trash for sure.

I'm just glad it wasn't me who flipped the switch!

Cheese: thank goodness for our youngsters who fill the role of house techie!

Hooray for techies!

Cheese: nutter dog is making progress! She comes when called, does sit/stays and finds the leash an annoyance rather than an object of terror....

Whine: another dr appt... This time an urologist and the stone from 2 weeks ago...

Jen

Jen,

Is the news a whine or cheese night. Praying for cheese.

Update....
Urologist says the stone needs some sort of anesthesia before he can break it up. Rog's lung capacity may be too compromised so Rog has to see a pulmonologist and the two docs will work it out.....the wait was over an hour, the waiting room was a zoo and a madhouse but the doc was great! Home health came by and we should have some one in starting in Oct.....any suggestions of what to look for?

Jen

Jen,

Thanks for the update on Rog. Please let us know when the re trieval pro cess takes place, so we can post for prayers.

Sending prayers and gentle hugs (and some oxycodone),

Whine: Feeling a little sad over a number of things. My youngest son had to miss his grandparents day today due to having strep throat. I was heartbroken anyway knowing my dad wouldn't be there anyway. But, my aunt was going to go and his other set of grandparents. Just down with my dad being back in Texas after his short visit here. Feel bad about pissing people off on here but have done it repeatedly in the last week. My emotions and thoughts are all over the place. Going to try to read more posts and refraim from posting unless I have a specific question concerning my dad's care for awhile.
Jen: I will be praying for Roger. Keep us posted please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back